Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DJ Reader a Bengal
(03-17-2020, 07:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: Put Reader and Billing inside and Carlos and Geno on the ends - shades of the old Rat DL concept when they had Siragusa and Adams inside and it was effectively impossible to run inside on them.

You think there is a chance we bring back Billings after this?

Hope so? Pray
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:49 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: FA doesn't start until tomorrow...How are the Bengals signing guys?

Tampering has been going on man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:49 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: FA doesn't start until tomorrow...How are the Bengals signing guys?

It's the legal tampering period.  Teams can make agreements before FA officially starts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It's the legal tampering period.  Teams can make agreements before FA officially starts.

Which seems like the goofiest, most pointless thing ever.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Still waiting for Oline help....
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tampering has been going on man. Mellow

(03-17-2020, 07:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It's the legal tampering period.  Teams can make agreements before FA officially starts.
OK, I understand now, lol.
Thanks for the info
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:55 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Still waiting for Oline help....

It'll happen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:53 PM)McC Wrote: Which seems like the goofiest, most pointless thing ever.

Feel the same, just glad we stepped in and did something.

Was looking like we were going to lose out before FA even began.

(03-17-2020, 07:55 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Still waiting for Oline help....

No doubt, the wait is still on.

(03-17-2020, 07:57 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: OK, I understand now, lol.
Thanks for the info

No prob, didn't get it either when all the top tier FA's were getting grabbed up before FA even started.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Seriously, if you can't get excited about adding a 25 year old stud to the d-line, what would get you excited?

We could've spent the basically the same amount of money on Schobert and Glasnow and everyone would be 20x more excited. Waynes is a waste of money. We basically just paid DK that contract. Both of these moves are just massive overreactions for failing to close the deal on players with more overall impact at positions of desperate need.  

But hey, at least we spent money?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, don't know how any Bengals fan wouldn't be excited about Reader playing with Geno, Dunlap and Hubbard with The Law
coming in a rotation. I was the probably the biggest Billings fan on this board but Reader is already what I thought Billings would 
grow into. Great signing no doubt.

That's a good way to put it.  WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
Fantastic news! I guess this means that the Bengals are for real about going to more of a 3-4 on defense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Love this signing! Our defensive line has been missing this. Geno and Reader will free up our outside rushers.

Seems like they are trying to get after the QB and cover on the back end. Hoping they have a plan for middle linebacker though. We need a leader in the middle.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's the cynic in me, but whenever I see someone pass up another team to come to the Bengals my first though is always " hes just in it for the cash" LOL

Like the move. Good start to FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:08 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Love this signing! Our defensive line has been missing this. Geno and Reader will free up our outside rushers.

Seems like they are trying to get after the QB and cover on the back end. Hoping they have a plan for middle linebacker though. We need a leader in the middle.

Germaine Pratt will be our leader pretty sure at MLB.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's the cynic in me, but whenever I see someone pass up another team to come to the Bengals my first though is always "oh no, he's just in it for the cash" LOL

Like the move. Good start to FA.
Reply/Quote
joe burrow attracting talent
Reply/Quote
This opens up two more picks for the offense. Burrow will need that kind of support.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Germaine Pratt will be our leader pretty sure at MLB.

I can def see that, but whos our other middle linebacker? Seems like we only have one, and a 3-4 requires two. Not to mention theres no depth at the position. Hoping they pull something off and fill that hole.
Reply/Quote
Most likely this will go down as the best FA signing in team history. Reader is an impressive player to add to the team
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The worst run D in the league because your "best" LB was named Nick Vigil.

This does nothing to help the LBs stop the run or cover TEs, which means it does nothing to help you beat the Ravens, which means it does nothing to help the Bengals win the division.

What? Sure it does.  Prevents running up the gut on us. Pratt and Vigil are good on the outside at stopping the run.
So the run D will be much improved. FA is not over yet, nor is the draft. I'm happy all those LB needy teams are signing LB's asap. Means they will have other Round 1 needs, which improves the chances of Murray sliding and maybe, just maybe we decide to trade up into the mid 20's to get him. You have to wait for the whole FA/Draft time to end before you can find out how much we are going to improve.
Reply/Quote