Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
(05-17-2020, 10:04 PM)jason Wrote: The president, his task force, and the CDC came up with a phased plan for safely reopening the country. The first thing that was supposed to happen was a sustained 14 period of the number of infections lowering. That has happened almost nowhere. Here in Ohio, Dr Acton (appointed by a republican governor) stated that you don't just flip the switch. It's a dimmer. Turn it... Watch what happens. Then evaluate from there. What has actually happened was a bunch of arbitrary dates for xyz to happen boom boom boom... So now people are running back out with the level of infection plateaued at a level much higher than when we shut down, and just hoping for the best. I don't know how slow or careful that is... But whatever. I'm gonna do what I think is best for me and my loved ones. But I have a feeling that by rushing this, we are only gonna prolong our misery. It's not like we don't have other countries to watch and learn from what happened to them.

Awesome post. The original plan was to flatten the curve. It was not meant to eliminate the virus because that wont happen. We did that so hospitals could prepare to treat a steady amount of people instead of no capabilities to care for everyone. Our country is 1 out of how many? It's gonna be here for awhile, if not forever. It will adapt to whatever concoction potion we invent to kill it. It's what viruses do, and aint shit we can do about it but do what we think is best for ourselves and our families. Best post all day!

Rep!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-17-2020, 10:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Awesome post. The original plan was to flatten the curve. It was not meant to eliminate the virus because that wont happen. We did that so hospitals could prepare to treat a steady amount of people instead of no capabilities to care for everyone. Our country is 1 out of how many? It's gonna be here for awhile, if not forever. It will adapt to whatever concoction potion we invent to kill it. It's what viruses do, and aint shit we can do about it but do what we think is best for ourselves and our families. Best post all day!

Rep!

It's easy for me to wanna be cautious. I haven't missed a check, and I've actually been making a killing since this happened. I don't resent the stay at home order either. I decided the night that Trump first changed his tone that Wednesday night that I was done being in public for awhile. That was before the order. I was uncomfortable dropping my daughter off at school the next morning. The announced the closure later that day. This whole thing sucks, but I'm waiting it out awhile... Since my divorce, I was Mr Night on the Town whenever I didn't have my daughter too. I miss it, but I'm willing to wait til I don't have to worry about people crowding me... That ain't fun.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-17-2020, 08:49 PM)samhain Wrote: Hey, civility is optional when you go ride or die with a dude who thrives on drumming up confrontation as the face of your political movement.  He and his supporters deserve everything they give back in return.  If they wanted politeness and non-judgmental reaction, they went in the wrong direction.  

It would be like me calling a passer-by on the sidewalk a douchebag, then getting mad when he called me a shitbag in return.  At least when Nixon granted no mercy, he expected none in return.  With the MAGA types it's always about how mean everyone is to them, lol.

What is your criteria for identifying those to be abrasive to? Is it a MAGA hat?? I get that there are groups of folks on both sides that are uncivil, but how do you judge who are in those groups? To me it sounds like you’re generalizing an entire group of people into what is really a small to medium subset of supporters... which holds a level of irony I won’t get into in this post.

I’ve met plenty of supporters who aren’t confrontational and look down on the individuals who are. I feel you wouldn’t even give someone a chance to be that though. It’s too bad you met some crummy individuals that broke your opinion of others... but let me remind you that he did win the election, so there are more supporters out there than you’d think and clearly they aren’t all confrontational assholes as you make them out to be...

FWIW, I got to the podium and couldn’t vote for either scumbag running for the position. Just wanted to make it clear I’m not part of the group you have probably already lumped me into.
(05-17-2020, 10:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Awesome post. The original plan was to flatten the curve. It was not meant to eliminate the virus because that wont happen. We did that so hospitals could prepare to treat a steady amount of people instead of no capabilities to care for everyone. Our country is 1 out of how many? It's gonna be here for awhile, if not forever. It will adapt to whatever concoction potion we invent to kill it. It's what viruses do, and aint shit we can do about it but do what we think is best for ourselves and our families. Best post all day!

Rep!

How has the poliovirus adapted to the vaccine? Still around, but in drastically reduced numbers so much so that now some people fear the vaccine more than polio.
(05-17-2020, 10:04 PM)jason Wrote: The president, his task force, and the CDC came up with a phased plan for safely reopening the country. The first thing that was supposed to happen was a sustained 14 period of the number of infections lowering. That has happened almost nowhere. Here in Ohio, Dr Acton (appointed by a republican governor) stated that you don't just flip the switch. It's a dimmer. Turn it... Watch what happens. Then evaluate from there. What has actually happened was a bunch of arbitrary dates for xyz to happen boom boom boom... So now people are running back out with the level of infection plateaued at a level much higher than when we shut down, and just hoping for the best. I don't know how slow or careful that is... But whatever. I'm gonna do what I think is best for me and my loved ones. But I have a feeling that by rushing this, we are only gonna prolong our misery. It's not like we don't have other countries to watch and learn from what happened to them.

Good post. They came up with a plan and then immediately ignored it.
(05-17-2020, 11:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: What is your criteria for identifying those to be abrasive to? Is it a MAGA hat?? I get that there are groups of folks on both sides that are uncivil, but how do you judge who are in those groups? To me it sounds like you’re generalizing an entire group of people into what is really a small to medium subset of supporters... which holds a level of irony I won’t get into in this post.

I’ve met plenty of supporters who aren’t confrontational and look down on the individuals who are. I feel you wouldn’t even give someone a chance to be that though. It’s too bad you met some crummy individuals that broke your opinion of others... but let me remind you that he did win the election, so there are more supporters out there than you’d think and clearly they aren’t all confrontational assholes as you make them out to be...

FWIW, I got to the podium and couldn’t vote for either scumbag running for the position. Just wanted to make it clear I’m not part of the group you have probably already lumped me into.

Dude I could tell you weren't from the start of the conversation.  It's not hard.

I live in an environment where non-Trump supporters are the exception, to be honest.  I look down my phone messaging list, and 9 out of 10 text threads are with Trump supporters.  I have to be pushed to a pretty extreme point to discuss politics with them, because otherwise they are people I like.

I'm just averse to letting them get away with talking BS because they're used to not getting called out for it.  They only converse with people that believe what they do.  Some of the BS is so extreme that I just can't let it slide anymore.  

When people trust you, and they're friendly enough to say what they really think, things they wouldn't say in public slip out.  I've heard a lot of this kind of stuff, and it's certainly shaped my view of the whole movement, and to be honest, some of them are bad enough that I'd rather not be specific.
(05-17-2020, 11:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Good post. They came up with a plan and then immediately ignored it.

I was actually very impressed with my governor's (DeWine) handling of all this for quite awhile, but I feel like he's sorta rolled over to the protests, and the constant pressure from Washington. All in all he's tried to be cautious and science based in his approach, but his dates for reopening have soured me a bit. Two days ago outdoor restaurant and bar seating was permitted. Video and pics have already surfaced of packed ass patios, and blatant disregard. Next Friday is indoor opening. There's literally been no time to evaluate anything that has happened. May 31... Daycares are back in business. Yep... Those lil coughing in your face dirty things are headed back to daycare. My daughter is 4, and I'm really not ok with her going back to preschool in the fall under the current circumstances. It's even worse that I'm not with her mom anymore, and only have so much say. It just feels so rushed. I know something has to happen, but damn.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-17-2020, 11:50 PM)samhain Wrote: Dude I could tell you weren't from the start of the conversation.  It's not hard.

I live in an environment where non-Trump supporters are the exception, to be honest.  I look down my phone messaging list, and 9 out of 10 text threads are with Trump supporters.  I have to be pushed to a pretty extreme point to discuss politics with them, because otherwise they are people I like.

I'm just averse to letting them get away with talking BS because they're used to not getting called out for it.  They only converse with people that believe what they do.  Some of the BS is so extreme that I just can't let it slide anymore.  

When people trust you, and they're friendly enough to say what they really think, things they wouldn't say in public slip out.  I've heard a lot of this kind of stuff, and it's certainly shaped my view of the whole movement, and to be honest, some of them are bad enough that I'd rather not be specific.

I can respect that and I live in a similar environment. I hate bigotry from anyone and I agree that side has some of the worst of the bunch. It sounds like you do give people a chance which I’m happy to hear. I like to believe people are more objective and understanding than they really are. It’s too bad society has gotten so divided that we can’t communicate in a productive manner for the most part.

People keep saying 2020 has been terrible, I keep reminding them it isn’t even October/November yet hahah. It’s gonna be a rough rough ride.
(05-18-2020, 12:07 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I can respect that and I live in a similar environment. I hate bigotry from anyone and I agree that side has some of the worst of the bunch. It sounds like you do give people a chance which I’m happy to hear. I like to believe people are more objective and understanding than they really are. It’s too bad society has gotten so divided that we can’t communicate in a productive manner for the most part.

People keep saying 2020 has been terrible, I keep reminding them it isn’t even October/November yet hahah. It’s gonna be a rough rough ride.

It will get better.  When all that's going on passes, people should look back and be grateful for the things they used to take for granted.  Everyone was probably in need of perspective.
(05-18-2020, 12:07 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I can respect that and I live in a similar environment. I hate bigotry from anyone and I agree that side has some of the worst of the bunch. It sounds like you do give people a chance which I’m happy to hear. I like to believe people are more objective and understanding than they really are. It’s too bad society has gotten so divided that we can’t communicate in a productive manner for the most part.

I thank the reality tv show host serial sexual assaulter lying conman for intentionally dividing America and doing nothing to try and heal the great wounds he has caused.
(05-18-2020, 12:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I thank the reality tv show host serial sexual assaulter lying conman for intentionally dividing America and doing nothing to try and heal the great wounds he has caused.

Lol ya the country sure wasn’t divided before him AT ALL....
(05-18-2020, 01:05 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol ya the country sure wasn’t divided before him AT ALL....

Oh it was. Multiplying it by 10 didn't do us any good 
(05-18-2020, 01:05 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol ya the country sure wasn’t divided before him AT ALL....

Oh it's been an issue for a long time. At the federal level, I don't think either side has really attempted to work together on any serious issues since the 90s. 

But ... He sure hasn't helped matters. Especially with his appointees and employees paying protestors to oppose those who oppose him. Even if he's not directly telling them to, it makes things pretty dirty. And to be fair, he's doing it to Republicans that disagree with him, too.
(05-18-2020, 12:02 AM)jason Wrote: I was actually very impressed with my governor's (DeWine) handling of all this for quite awhile, but I feel like he's sorta rolled over to the protests, and the constant pressure from Washington. All in all he's tried to be cautious and science based in his approach, but his dates for reopening have soured me a bit. Two days ago outdoor restaurant and bar seating was permitted. Video and pics have already surfaced of packed ass patios, and blatant disregard. Next Friday is indoor opening. There's literally been no time to evaluate anything that has happened. May 31... Daycares are back in business. Yep... Those lil coughing in your face dirty things are headed back to daycare. My daughter is 4, and I'm really not ok with her going back to preschool in the fall under the current circumstances. It's even worse that I'm not with her mom anymore, and only have so much say. It just feels so rushed. I know something has to happen, but damn.

Lots of governor's gave done outstanding, especially when you consider the obstacles placed in front of them at the federal level. States don't have the same resources as the feds do, so trying to overcome this on a state by state basis has been amazing.
(05-18-2020, 01:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Oh it was. Multiplying it by 10 didn't do us any good 

In the long run maybe it will be good. Definitely outted a lot of folks for what they really are. Purge time! Lol jk
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/05/18/coronavirus-vaccine-first-results/

More good news on a Moderna vaccine.
This is an example of why the CDC recommends the general public should wear a face covering or mask.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-17/butte-county-pastor-who-led-mothers-day-service-discloses-church-exposure-to-covid-19

Approximately 180 church goers have been asked to self isolate after potential exposure to Covid-19 at a church service.

Quote:In a Facebook post on Friday, pastor Mike Jacobsen of Palermo Bible Family Church said that an asymptomatic congregant who attended the May 11 service woke up the next morning “needing medical attention” and was tested for the coronavirus that day. The congregant received positive test results for COVID-19 two days later.
This person felt fine when they attended church, but were still in the incubation period.  Wearing a face covering or a procedure mask helps contain the respiratory droplets from the infected person so it doesn't spread as much to others who aren't infected.
(05-18-2020, 07:04 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: In the long run maybe it will be good. Definitely outted a lot of folks for what they really are. Purge time! Lol jk

Problem is, a lot of voters LIKE what those folks "really are."

For the moment, for three years now it's been "purge time" for competence and whistle blowers.
Trump says he is taking daily doses of hydroxychloroquine to prevent himself from getting Covid-19 lol

When asked what evidence he has that it works as a preventative, he said:

"Here we go, are you ready? Here's my evidence: I've gotten a lot of positive calls about it"

The President of the United States is a ***** moron...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/politics/donald-trump-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus/index.html
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-18-2020, 08:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump says he is taking daily doses of hydroxychloroquine to prevent himself from getting Covid-19 lol

When asked what evidence he has that it works as a preventative, he said:

"Here we go, are you ready? Here's my evidence: I've gotten a lot of positive calls about it"

The President of the United States is a ***** moron...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/politics/donald-trump-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus/index.html

1) We knew that.

2) Someone will defend him on here.

3) There is no three.

4) What "doctor" would sign off on that?  As a "precaution" only.  Are they TRYING to kill him or is he just lying again?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.