Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon-mystery tweet
If I were him I'd be signing that contract ASAP. If this season gets completely scrapped, or blown up mid-season, it will impact future spending much more than most probably think.

If you can get your hands on competitive deal, that comes with a hefty signing bonus, then I think you better get in while the getting is good. The chances of him improving his market value are slim to none.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 05:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If I were him I'd be signing that contract ASAP. If this season gets completely scrapped, or blown up mid-season, it will impact future spending much more than most probably think.

If you can get your hands on competitive deal, that comes with a hefty signing bonus, then I think you better get in while the getting is good. The chances of him improving his market value are slim to none.

Agreed. A good agent should be telling him exactly that right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
As I understand the Opt out options, Mixon is caught in a tough spot if he wants to voluntarily opt out. If you have a condition you get "credit" for the season if you don't have a condition you do not. So if he sits out assuming no medical conditions. He get $150K this year and still has to play on his rookie contract next year. If he plays worst case is he earns his $1.7 MIL this year and be a FA next year.

Consider he will probably get a contract similar to other Top RBs ($12 Mil/year) he faced with the choice of earning $1.8 Mil for the next 2 years or $24 Mil.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Obviously the Bengals are not offering anything like $10 million a year or the deal would already be done.  Mixon would leap at an offer like that.

No way in hell he would play for Less than $2 million this year just on the chance he could make an extra 2 million a year on his next contract.  Even if everything went perfect he would not make up the $8-$9 million he would lose by playing for peanuts this year
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 09:48 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It probably has to do with whether to buy a Snickers or a Three Musketeers.

That's an easy choice. Three Musketeers sucks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 05:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If I were him I'd be signing that contract ASAP.  If this season gets completely scrapped, or blown up mid-season, it will impact future spending much more than most probably think.

If you can get your hands on competitive deal, that comes with a hefty signing bonus, then I think you better get in while the getting is good.  The chances of him improving his market value are slim to none.

Agree, it's just hard to say how all of this is gonna impact salaries over next couple seasons ? But there's a good chance it will be bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 06:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's an easy choice. Three Musketeers sucks.

Yep. Mike on Stranger Things was right.

Reply/Quote
Duke in his presser earlier today said they absolutely want to extend Joe. And even hinted it would be sometime this summer if possible. He said the biggest challenge was structuring a contract (not specifically referencing Joe) without having any idea what the salary cap is looking like over the next several years

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 06:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's an easy choice. Three Musketeers sucks.

I wouldn't say "sucks".  I enjoy a frozen Three Musketeers every once in a while.

But Snickers kicks almost everything's ass.  Those things are delicious.
Reply/Quote

Not as bad as a Mounds Bar. Sick
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 06:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But Snickers kicks almost everything's ass.  Those things are delicious.

These are basically equivalent to heroin:

[Image: 0004767700051_3_A1C1_1200.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 06:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: These are basically equivalent to heroin:

[Image: 0004767700051_3_A1C1_1200.png]

Yeah, I have had those things.  Bought a box when I knew my kids were coming over for a weekend.  Ate one before they got there and thought about hiding them all.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 09:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: He will be signing a new contract Tuesday or Wednesday. And its going to be very fair.They like him,we all do and he has EARNED the new money.Its coming,so WHO-DEY ALL DAY.
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 06:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not as bad as a Mounds Bar. Sick

[Image: Shutyourmouth.gif]

Mounds Bars are delicious.

Also my vote is that Mixon was deciding on if he wanted an original or a spicy sandwich from Chick-Fil-A. That is a killer choice every time. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 05:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Obviously the Bengals are not offering anything like $10 million a year or the deal would already be done.  Mixon would leap at an offer like that.

No way in hell he would play for Less than $2 million this year just on the chance he could make an extra 2 million a year on his next contract.  Even if everything went perfect he would not make up the $8-$9 million he would lose by playing for peanuts this year

Sounds like you're just kinda making that up. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 08:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope, seems like he’s struggling with a decision though. I doubt he’d make a tweet like that if he was just getting ready to sign an extension.

Don't worry man, it is just about the amount...
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 09:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't worry man, it is just about the amount...

He'll be smart and sign. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 07:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mounds Bars are delicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 11:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:

Mounds bars are delicious!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sounds like you're just kinda making that up. 

You are right.  Would not be suprosed to see him get $10 million a year.
Reply/Quote