Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns***
(09-18-2020, 12:53 AM)iLLuSi0nz Wrote: Legit question, did our o line look competent pre start of the season to coaching due to going against our "new and improved" D and succeeding? Is this why it's blowing up in their face when most of us saw it coming 100 miles away?

This is my theory.

We got zero pass rush tonight. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:47 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Geno and Daniels can fix Dline. Next up we will give Eagles their first win

Geno played on this defense last year and we still sucked. Daniels is overrated his best days are behind him. He got cut by Green Bay last year and got signed by Detroit who’s defense was awful and they didn’t want him back.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In the later years? Sure. There wasn't a ton of garbage time earlier in his career though, because he was a winner, not a loser.

(And yes, now I am just prodding you because I know you have a little ginger hate-boner for Dalton.)

Burrow looked alright, but at the end of the day he had a 60.8% completion despite only 5.2 YPA. That's pretty inaccurate for a dink-and-dunk day.

I’m glad the mods allow admitted trolling...

Anyway Dalton was such a winner he couldn’t land a starting job anywhere in the NFL. What an embarrassing take.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:53 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Jordan probably the best of the bunch. Fred Johnson the worst.

We should use our #1 pick on that LT from Oregon, sign the best FA lineman available (G, T, or C), and move Jonah to RT or RG.

People are only mentioning Penei Sewell but they have to realize the Bengals will need a top 3 pick (and that's being generous cuz hes likely to go #2). 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:52 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Its hard to win on the road on a short week.

Plenty of teams have done it before.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:51 AM)Synric Wrote: Talk about carrying a football team... and as a rookie.

Apparently he was just “ok” and it was all garbage time and dunks and dunks...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:50 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: JC, I can believe how much the announcers are all over Baker’s nuts.  Bengals defense will most likely finish last in the NFL.  Any QB would look good when RBs get over 200 yards.  Ridiculous.  Burrow outplayed Baker as a rookie with no run game and no offensive line.

Burrow: 60.7% completion, 5.2 YPA, 90.6 QB Rating
Mayfield: 69.6% completion, 9.5 YPA, 110.6 QB Rating

Burrow played well, and Mayfield had to do less in order to win, but to say he outplayed Mayfield is just a blatant revision of very recent history.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:56 AM)Synric Wrote: People are only mentioning Penei Sewell but they have to realize the Bengals will need a top 3 pick (and that's being generous cuz hes likely to go #2). 

And you don’t think they will have a top two pick?? Have you watched them at all this year?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:53 AM)Housh Wrote: I’m calling BS

They still in Ohio bro

That’s a 2 hour drive

At 160 miles per hour.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burrow: 60.7% completion, 5.2 YPA, 90.6 QB Rating

Burrow played well, and Mayfield had to do less in order to win, but to say he outplayed Mayfield is just a blatant revision of very recent history.

Gotta grade on a curve, Burrow didn't throw against the worst defense the past 3 years. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:58 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: And you don’t think they will have a top two pick??  Have you watched them at all this year?

It's harder than you think. Look at last year one win could have sent them from #1 overall to #3 or 4.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:54 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Joe made history tonight

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Joe Burrow was 37-61 with 316 yards and 3 pass TD on Thursday night.<br><br>According to <a href="https://twitter.com/EliasSports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@EliasSports</a> Burrow's 37 completions are the most in a game by a rookie in NFL history.<br><br>His 61 pass attempts are the 2nd most all-time by a rookie quarterback. <a href="https://t.co/HAio5K5UM1">pic.twitter.com/HAio5K5UM1</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1306802774718525440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 18, 2020</a></blockquote>

*TLL with his best not impressed face*

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m glad the mods allow admitted trolling...

Anyway Dalton was such a winner he couldn’t land a starting job anywhere in the NFL. What an embarrassing take.

Glad the mods allow thread stalking and weird witchhunting of any POSSIBLE existence of criticism and/or the mention of Dalton even existing.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In the later years? Sure. There wasn't a ton of garbage time earlier in his career though, because he was a winner, not a loser.

(And yes, now I am just prodding you because I know you have a little ginger hate-boner for Dalton.)

Burrow looked alright, but at the end of the day he had a 60.8% completion despite only 5.2 YPA. That's pretty inaccurate for a dink-and-dunk day.

This wasn’t a precise dink and donk kind of game. Those dink and donks cane from the line instantly dissolving in front of the QB forcing him to throw to his 2nd 3rd options. I’m not going to try to compare a 2nd game starter to a 10 year vet, but there were plenty of games where the 10 year bet played like a 2nd game starter.

I will say this QB is going to be ruined behind this line. If he’s as good as everyone says he can be they better get off their ass and invest in this line before it’s too late.

The D has no excuse. They are absolutely horrible! Yes the coach sucks but there were plenty of plays were guys were in the correct spot but couldn’t make the play or tackle. That’s on the players.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:56 AM)Synric Wrote: People are only mentioning Penei Sewell but they have to realize the Bengals will need a top 3 pick (and that's being generous cuz hes likely to go #2). 

Which it looks like we will have. Is there a worse team in the league? Maybe the Jets?

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burrow: 60.7% completion, 5.2 YPA, 90.6 QB Rating

Burrow also had aloooot more attempts,zero run game, and higher pressure rate. Burrow was way more impressive.

Reply/Quote

Both QBs played well and the announcers acknowledged it...the jerks!
Reply/Quote
Comparing Burrow to Mayfield is ridiculous. Mayfield played well, who wouldn't with 20 seconds to look around after the snap plus that kinda time to improvise and get Beckham or Landry or other open. Give Burrow that time and a non trash looking AJ or other legit receiving option and guarantee his #'s are equal or better. He wasn't far off literally running for his life.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:59 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Gotta grade on a curve, Burrow didn't throw against the worst defense the past 3 years. 

Can't grade on a curve if you're comparing two people from the same game and saying one outplayed the other. Either they did or they did not outplay them. Otherwise you're saying they WOULD have outplayed them if they were on opposite teams, and that's just delving into potentials/possibilites/what-ifs rather than reality.

One was more accurate, got more yards, had a better QB Rating, and got a W. 

Burrow had a pretty decent game. Why can't that be enough for now with a rookie QB?

Reply/Quote

No it’s not. If ZT called as good a game as KS did Burrow has 400 yds and 5 TD.

Reply/Quote