Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns***
Question is...When does Taylor get the axe? 0-6, 0-8, 0-10
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:11 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Question is...When does Taylor get the axe? 0-6, 0-8, 0-10

this year or next year? 0-10 in 2021 should do it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The fact that we are resorting to praising the Browns' coaching and roster in order to downplay Baker's stats is amusing.

Us 4 hours ago - THE Browns will NEVER EVER BE GOOD! They wreck everything and everyone!
Us now - If Burrow were on the Browns he'd have 5 TDs!

So it's come to this, eh?

Cleveland’s coaches called a great game. Were you too busy coming up with jokes to watch?

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:56 AM)Synric Wrote: People are only mentioning Penei Sewell but they have to realize the Bengals will need a top 3 pick (and that's being generous cuz hes likely to go #2). 

I tell you, THIS is the year to tank if you are the Bengals. Imagine the offers they would get for the top pick (Lawrence)? 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:09 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: ok. Context doesn't matter to you, got it.

Not if you're comparing two people head-to-head from the same position and same game.

"Sure Boxer A got hit harder and got knocked out, but if he had Boxer B's corner staff, then he'd have won. So clearly Boxer A out-boxed Boxer B." 

That's the crap people are trying to peddle right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:07 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: It's not like Burrow was perfect tonight. 25 yard fumble completely his fault 3 or 4 overthrows. Still has yet to complete a 25 yard pass.. If Burrow wasn't a rookie I would say his play has been mediocre at best. About what Dalton was last year.

LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:48 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: If any of these linemen post a PFF grade over 50 I will be absolutely shocked.

I was thinking the exact same thing about every single guy on the defense. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:02 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Can't grade on a curve if you're comparing two people from the same game and saying one outplayed the other. Either they did or they did not outplay them. Otherwise you're saying they WOULD have outplayed them if they were on opposite teams, and that's just delving into potentials/possibilites/what-ifs rather than reality.

One was more accurate, got more yards, had a better QB Rating, and got a W. 

Burrow had a pretty decent game. Why can't that be enough for now with a rookie QB?
Mayfield did not have more yards than Burrow. 
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:57 AM)Always a Bengal Wrote: Plenty of teams have done it before.

Yep. Cleveland won in Cincinnati in 2014 on a Thursday night. Kicked the holy hell out of the Bengals too. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:12 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not if you're comparing two people head-to-head from the same position and same game.

"Sure Boxer A got hit harder and got knocked out, but if he had Boxer B's corner staff, then he'd have won. So clearly Boxer A out-boxed Boxer B." 

That's the crap people are trying to peddle right now.

Yeah because a corner staff has the same impact as 52 other players on a team, and coaches.. you probably could have used a better analogy because yours is terrible. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cleveland’s coaches called a great game. Were you too busy coming up with jokes to watch?

I'm not knocking the guy, I just think it's pretty sad that in his 2nd game KS is so much better than our 2nd year HC that we are lamenting that Burrow doesn't have the Browns' ace-coaching hoisting him up.

And excuuuuuuuse me for adding some levity to the nonstop bitching.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:12 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I tell you, THIS is the year to tank if you are the Bengals. Imagine the offers they would get for the top pick (Lawrence)? 

Lawrence will be a bust. No defense in ACC North Carolina nearly upset them last year. Fields is the real talent at QB. Im not a OSU fan either.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:14 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah because a conrer staff has the same impact as 52 other players on a team, and coaches.. you probably could have used a better analogy because yours is terrible. 

Apology? Lol

Nobody on this board was so worried about context and what-ifs when we were all shit talking about how bad Baker Mayfield was last year. Nobody ever said he outplayed people that beat him because his OL and coaching was trash.

It's only now that Burrow is losing and got outplayed by Mayfield that it suddenly becomes important.

- - - - -
Burrow played well. Once again... why is that not enough for you?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:07 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: It's not like Burrow was perfect tonight. 25 yard fumble completely his fault 3 or 4 overthrows. Still has yet to complete a 25 yard pass.. If Burrow wasn't a rookie I would say his play has been mediocre at best. About what Dalton was last year.

I bet you liked the Zac Taylor hire as well...It’s his 2nd game coming off a short week. Protected the ball and has the worst line in the NFL. Wouldn’t you rather have an overthrow than the under throws and picks of the past? When was the last time we had a QB perform this well in primetime?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:11 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: wpid-2-months-free-rent.gif]

Just saying, I feel like Rockwell the way you are sniffing around and hunting for any suggestion that Joe Burrow isn't God's gift to football and that merely "playing well" isn't enough of a praise for a rookie QB who's 0-2.

You’re going out of your way to criticize/downplay him play. Get on him for the spin into the sack, or a missed throw here and there. You literally made posts about a pass AJ should have had, suggested all his stuff at the end of the game was easy because it was garbage time and dinks and dunks, etc.

Reply/Quote
worst game Ive seen from Dunlap in a long time.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sample size is large enough.

That's what she said. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:11 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Question is...When does Taylor get the axe? 0-6, 0-8, 0-10

God I hope it’s 0-6
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:16 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Apology? Lol

Nobody on this board was so worried about context and what-ifs when we were all shit talking about how bad Baker Mayfield was last year. Nobody ever said he outplayed people that beat him because his OL and coaching was trash.

It's only now that Burrow is losing and got outplayed by Mayfield that it suddenly becomes important.

- - - - -
Burrow played well. Once again... why is that not enough for you?

Oh you just missed it. 

The reason no one said he outplayed his competition was because he didn't. He was second the league in interceptions, and had the worst pass % without pressure. Again, terrible analogies. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Announcers are supposed to make what you are watching seem interesting.  Hell, I recall announcers trying to make a big deal out of Ryan Finley last year.

Correct. You will never hear an announcer say that someone's success is due to the other guys sucking. 

Reply/Quote