Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns***
(09-18-2020, 01:20 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Correct. You will never hear an announcer say that someone's success is due to the other guys sucking. 

They did mention the Bengals getting caught with their pants down. Had a little laugh because of how accurate it was. 
Reply/Quote
Seriously if Burrow is your first, second, hell 40th thought as who needs to do better after his second game as a rookie you should probably attempt to grasp football a little better. Kid played his guts out and got kicked in the nuts by half his team and coaches despite not bashing them and even talking them up in his post game.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not knocking the guy, I just think it's pretty sad that in his 2nd game KS is so much better than our 2nd year HC that we are lamenting that Burrow doesn't have the Browns' ace-coaching hoisting him up.

And excuuuuuuuse me for adding some levity to the nonstop bitching.

Glad someone feels like laughing.

Personally I think the bitching is justified.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:20 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Correct. You will never hear an announcer say that someone's success is due to the other guys sucking. 

With that being said, if the NFL ever wants to go the "heel announcer route" ala the WWF they should call me.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:17 AM)OUatown Wrote: I bet you liked the Zac Taylor hire as well...It’s his 2nd game coming off a short week. Protected the ball and has the worst line in the NFL. Wouldn’t you rather have an overthrow than the under throws and picks of the past?  When was the last time we had a QB perform this well in primetime?

Could have had 3 picks. yes the line played bad. yes hes a rookie so he gets a sliding scale right now. Just saying his play hasn't been spectacular.
Taylor needs to go but he's not going anywhere you know this as well as I do. He could go 2 - 14 he will still have a job next year.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:17 AM)OUatown Wrote: I bet you liked the Zac Taylor hire as well...It’s his 2nd game coming off a short week. Protected the ball and has the worst line in the NFL. Wouldn’t you rather have an overthrow than the under throws and picks of the past?  When was the last time we had a QB perform this well in primetime?

Assuming that's an actual question and not a rhetorical one... 

Dalton in Week 8, 2019 (London game) was 4.5 QB Rating shy of Burrow tonight (also had a L).
Dalton in Week 2, 2018 had a 107.7 QB Rating with 4 TD/0 INT (and a W) against the Ravens.

So 2 of their previous 4 prime time games. Burrow was pretty good tonight, regardless, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:58 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: And you don’t think they will have a top two pick??  Have you watched them at all this year?

I almost want to see Burrow set all kinds of rookie records, stay healthy and watch the team win 3 games. I've already adjusted my expectations this year and the only real hope is that they suck so much again that Taylor gets fired and they get a top 3 pick again. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:18 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: worst game Ive seen from Dunlap in a long time.

Did he even play? I love big Los, but ffs he was invisible.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Glad someone feels like laughing.

Personally I think the bitching is justified.

You're free to say so, but I think you should know I've never had anyone who isn't a nun get so bent out of shape over my joking about stuff.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Assuming that's an actual question and not a rhetorical one... 

Dalton in Week 8, 2019 (London game) was 4.5 QB Rating shy of Burrow tonight (also had a L).
Dalton in Week 2, 2018 had a 107.7 QB Rating with 4 TD/0 INT (and a W) against the Ravens.

So 2 of their previous 4 prime time games. Burrow was pretty good tonight, regardless, though.

London was primetime? What time was that game on here?

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:23 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Could have had 3 picks. yes the line played bad. yes hes a rookie so he gets a sliding scale right now. Just saying his play hasn't been spectacular.
Taylor needs to go but he's not going anywhere you know this as well as I do. He could go 2 - 14 he will still have a job next year.

He had 3 tds and no INTs despite having the worst line in the league and sadly I agree man. Taylor isn’t going anywhere.
I just think with no preseason, no OTAs. Joey B has been exceptional
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:06 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Got a feeling AJ will be fine. It's been 2 years since he's played; he's probably rusty and like a lot of players in 2020, out of shape. I'm just glad he's gotten through 2 games relatively healthy. 
GO STRIPES!!!

As long as AJ stays healthy, i think he'll play himself back into shape. A year and a half out and no preseason...it's gonna take a few games to get him back to "normal". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I almost want to see Burrow set all kinds of rookie records, stay healthy and watch the team win 3 games. I've already adjusted my expectations this year and the only real hope is that they suck so much again that Taylor gets fired and they get a top 3 pick again. 

That's a pretty good scenario, really.  Plus our loss to Cleveland probably has them stupidly locking up Baker and OBJ into some long-term extra damaging contracts.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Assuming that's an actual question and not a rhetorical one... 

Yeah man. That was a serious question and I appreciate the facts. I guess I’ve just been beat down so many times it’s hard to remember those games...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You're free to say so, but I think you should know I've never had anyone who isn't a nun get so bent out of shape over my joking about stuff.

I’m not trying to come off like I’m policing the thread, I apologize if it seems that way. You know I think you’re funny most of the time. I rep you often. But these game day threads have feelings running high at times, and maybe you have the better outlook, but this shit pisses me off. I wasn’t expecting a playoff team but this is unacceptable. I want Taylor gone yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:11 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Question is...When does Taylor get the axe? 0-6, 0-8, 0-10

Hopefully 0-2
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:18 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: worst game Ive seen from Dunlap in a long time.

He disappeared the first half of last season too. Long term Dunlap , Atkins and Green aren’t the future and there best days are behind them. I wouldn’t extend Green and would see how much I could save from moving on from Dunlap and Atkins and dump all that money into the offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not trying to come off like I’m policing the thread, I apologize if it seems that way. You know I think you’re funny most of the time. I rep you often. But these game day threads have feelings running high at times, and maybe you have the better outlook, but this shit pisses me off. I wasn’t expecting a playoff team but this is unacceptable. I want Taylor gone yesterday.

You and I are both unhappy with how this team looks, I just throw more miserable snark at the situation.  I don't exactly get giddy when the Bengals are bad so I can bust out my "everything sucks" joke book, but hell if I did do that I certainly picked the right franchise for it.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You and I are both unhappy with how this team looks without Dalton, I just throw more miserable snark at the situation.  I don't exactly get giddy when the Bengals are bad so I can bust out my "everything sucks" joke book, but hell if I did do that I certainly picked the right franchise for it.

Nate, look at you just stirring up shit with the Burrow Bureau.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not knocking the guy, I just think it's pretty sad that in his 2nd game KS is so much better than our 2nd year HC that we are lamenting that Burrow doesn't have the Browns' ace-coaching hoisting him up.

And excuuuuuuuse me for adding some levity to the nonstop bitching.

At least the Browns coach added a wrinkle to try and get his offense going. 

I wonder if Zac Taylor even knows that is allowed. 

Reply/Quote