Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(10-06-2020, 02:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Holy shit!  That answer actually involved rubbing two brain cells together to form a cogent thought. How refreshing.

This is the dude they call "sleepy" and "senile". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 03:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Those are actually pretty good reasons and a better policy than publicizing a list created by the Federalist Society. 

Opinions vary.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even people who support him being president are able to admit he's an unlikable bastard.  His own campaign focuses on how it takes a mean jerk to get stuff done.

His campaign literally ran ads that unironically turned him into Thanos and the Death Star, two pop culture "villains" (or tool of a villain) that commit genocide. 

Reply/Quote
[Image: QUgDmz.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 03:03 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Opinions vary.

True. Some are fact based and have logical reasons for being held while others are based on an ignorance of the topic. 

Whether or not you rise the occasion to address your misinformation using newly gained knowledge says a lot. If you rambled on about things that were not true about a candidate, addressing those rather than making a joke that a woman is a man would make you appear to care about the truth.

Likewise, addressing a claim you didn't know about by giving a counterclaim would serve as a more effective defense of your "opinion". 

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:04 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Not to mention they won't give any indication of who they might appoint.  Big red flag.

Ha e you told your wife who you will marry after you two get a divorce?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 03:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is the dude they call "sleepy" and "senile". 

You mean the guy that just made another black community gaffe?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 03:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Ha e you told your wife who you will marry after you two get a divorce?

Not quite the same thing, but nice try.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:54 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Wow, what a great, thoughtful contribution to this thread!  Thank you!

This hurtful coming from someone who admitted to being unaware the SCOTUS already has a 5-4 conservative majority in post #641 then complained about court packing being a threat to democracy while approving of Mitch McConnell’s court packing.

Would you consider my comment more or less thoughtful than “I don’t know how masks work” when discussing the need for masks?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 03:22 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Not quite the same thing, but nice try.

Yeah, that’s why people fluent in English call it a “comparison.” You’re not in a position to announce your next wife like Biden isn’t in a position to announce his nomination for a SCOTUS justice. Now that I’ve done the work for you, do you see the similarity?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 03:03 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Opinions vary.

But, let’s not pretend uninformed opinions are equal to informed opinions.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 03:20 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You mean the guy that just made another black community gaffe?

I do not have my finger on the pulse of conservative social media, so you have to tell me what has you worked up. 

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 03:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This hurtful coming from someone who admitted to being unaware the SCOTUS already has a 5-4 conservative majority in post #641 then complained about court packing being a threat to democracy while approving of Mitch McConnell’s court packing.

Would you consider my comment more or less thoughtful than “I don’t know how masks work” when discussing the need for masks?

I'm not perfect.  Oh well.

McConnell isn't court packing.  He is not expanding the court to pack it with more Conservatives.

You are really hung up on that mask thing.  lmao
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 03:20 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You mean the guy that just made another black community gaffe?

I don’t know what you’re referring to this time, but Biden does say stupid stuff too often. I’m not going to defend the stupid stuff he says with, “don’t take him literally” or “he’s just trolling”. I’ve got essentially two shitty choices and Biden is the least shitty of the two.

During the last election I compared my two choices to gonorrhea and chlamydia. If I had to choose one, which one would I want? Well, neither.

This time it’s like I’ve got this big pile of cow shit over here and this little pile of dog shit over there. Now which pile of shit do I want to step in? I’ll step into the little pile of shit instead of the big pile of shit. Now, someone’s gonna suggest not stepping into either pile of shit. But, if I do that I’m gonna get the big pile of shit by default.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 04:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I do not have my finger on the pulse of conservative social media, so you have to tell me what has you worked up. 

I'm not worked up.  Just pointing out Biden insulted the black community again.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/some-black-woman-video-of-joe-biden-saying-why-people-stayed-home-during-pandemic-goes-viral

This is just kinda weird.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/oct/5/joe-biden-wants-haitian-americans-deliver-coup-de-/
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 04:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don’t know what you’re referring to this time, but Biden does say stupid stuff too often. I’m not going to defend the stupid stuff he says with, “don’t take him literally” or “he’s just trolling”. I’ve got essentially two shitty choices and Biden is the least shitty of the two.

During the last election I compared my two choices to gonorrhea and chlamydia. If I had to choose one, which one would I want?  Well, neither.

This time it’s like I’ve got this big pile of cow shit over here and this little pile of dog shit over there. Now which pile of shit do I want to step in? I’ll step into the little pile of shit instead of the big pile of shit. Now, someone’s gonna suggest not stepping into either pile of shit. But, if I do that I’m gonna get the big pile of shit by default.

We just disagree as to which one is the smaller pile of shit and that is ok.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 04:06 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm not perfect.  Oh well.

McConnell isn't court packing.  He is not expanding the court to pack it with more Conservatives.

You are really hung up on that mask thing.  lmao

https://truthout.org/articles/mcconnell-brags-he-and-trump-are-packing-courts-with-extreme-right-wing-judges/

McConnell brags about packing the courts. Personally, I wouldn’t advertise being this ignorant on the basic facts of a topic I’m discussing, but you do you.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 04:15 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: We just disagree as to which one is the smaller pile of shit and that is ok.

I think we could just agree the person who insulted all POWs is the bigger pile of shit. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure that shit out.

At least Biden knows which end is up on a Bible.
Reply/Quote
Trump has instructed Congressional Republicans to stop all COVID relief discussion until after the election. He doesn’t give a shit about Americans

Reply/Quote

You mean the comment your echo chamber is undoubtedly taking completely out of context?
Reply/Quote