Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/26/us/supreme-court-wisconsin-ballots.html

Last week's ruling by conservative Wisconsin judges to not extend mail in ballots to up to 6 days if they were mailed by election day could be a factor. Ballots had to have been received by 8pm yesterday, which presents an issues as the USPS ignores court orders to sweep facilities for missing ballots.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: So, PA doesn’t start counting any ballots until Election Day. They had around 2.5 million mail-in ballots already sent in that they weren’t able to start counting until yesterday, plus voter turnout. They are also going to accept mail-in ballots until Friday, but those ballots have to have a postmark of Tuesday, at the latest.

Yeah, seems the Government of PA made a lot of moves. Did I hear right that they will not discount a vote if the signatures don't match?

I get bias lends us to take sides on matters such as these, but I think we all can agree we need to do it better and more uniformly. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, seems the Government of PA made a lot of moves. Did I hear right that they will not discount a vote if the signatures don't match?

I get bias lends us to take sides on matters such as these, but I think we all can agree we need to do it better and more uniformly. 

Part of me gets that, then I realize we also have the argument that the election is supposed to reflect the collective will of the states and not the population as one giant mass.
Reply/Quote
Seems relevant

Reply/Quote
PA Secretary of State

"Millions of Ballots left to be counted in PA"

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: PA Secretary of State

"Millions of Ballots left to be counted in PA"

In 2016 they had about 6.3 million vote in PA for president as far as I can tell. They are at 5.5 million now. “Millions” seems a bit of a stretch.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: In 2016 they had about 6.3 million vote in PA for president as far as I can tell. They are at 5.5 million now. “Millions” seems a bit of a stretch.

Yeah, PA going red for the first time in nearly 30 years could have inspired some lazy louts to lean left and up their participation, but millions seems like a hyperbolic claim.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, PA going red for the first time in nearly 30 years could have inspired some lazy louts to lean left and up their participation, but millions seems like a hyperbolic claim.

The number I saw was 1.4 million.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: The number I saw was 1.4 million.

So a lot but short of millionS...checks out I guess.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So a lot but short of millionS...checks out I guess.

Unless you count them 2-3 times.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unless you count them 2-3 times.

Come on now, we can't just conclude there is fraud going on until after a full investigation is conducted by an unbiased federal group.  This ain't like someone recklessly driving around a bus.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get bias lends us to take sides on matters such as these, but I think we all can agree we need to do it better and more uniformly. 

There is no bias for either side when it comes to voter fraud.

Both sides cheat just as much.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/26/us/supreme-court-wisconsin-ballots.html

Last week's ruling by conservative Wisconsin judges to not extend mail in ballots to up to 6 days if they were mailed by election day could be a factor. Ballots had to have been received by 8pm yesterday, which presents an issues as the USPS ignores court orders to sweep facilities for missing ballots.

Looks like Biden will have Wisconsin wrapped-up though, so a moot-point for the majority of those mail-ins.

(11-04-2020, 12:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, seems the Government of PA made a lot of moves. Did I hear right that they will not discount a vote if the signatures don't match?

PA is also moot if MI and WI are won by Biden, so who cares?

Question; if there is a tie, what is the tiebreaker: a vote of the senate or popular vote? (or something else?).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: AZ going blue is all about idiots who fled CA and then voted for the policies that caused them to flee CA.

Don't be stupid, SSF. California is a mess because of Trump. Duh.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Don't be stupid, SSF. California is a mess because of Trump. Duh.  Mellow

Maybe the parts of it that were on fire. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Wisconsin has the same state law preventing counting mail ballots early. 

It was going around Twitter last night that some states tried to start counting earlier but the ones ran by Republican legislatures fought it.  So here we are.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Looks like Biden will have Wisconsin wrapped-up though, so a moot-point for the majority of those mail-ins.

Question; if there is a tie, what is the tiebreaker: a vote of the senate or popular vote? (or something else?).

Pelosci picks 

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no bias for either side when it comes to voter fraud.

Both sides cheat just as much.

Not even talking about fraud. I'm talking about naming aq POTUS on Election Night.

Today is kinda like waking up Christmas Morning and there are no presents under the tree. Nothing like a cool football or even underwear. 

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: AZ going blue is all about idiots who fled CA and then voted for the policies that caused them to flee CA.

(11-04-2020, 12:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I've said this several times in the past.  The idea that demographics mean the inevitable demise of the GOP is as wrong as it gets.  I'm fully aware that this is anecdotal and limited in scope, but I work in an office that is ~95% Hispanic and they overwhelmingly support Trump.  Imagine the GOP putting forth a more mainstream candidate and that spells trouble for the Dems going forward.  Hispanics are, speaking generally, much more culturally conservative than many people think.

Your two bolded statements there contradict each other as they are.  Why would you think some voters ("idiots" as you call them) would leave CA because of the policies and then vote for them in another state?  If they really left because of the policies they wouldn't support them elsewhere.  Now if they just left, or the demographics are changing, and those policies are gaining support in new areas that would make more sense.

I wouldn't move just because of the PA gas tax and then go to Ohio and vote to increase the gas taxes.

But then maybe I'm just not an "idiot".
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Looks like Biden will have Wisconsin wrapped-up though, so a moot-point for the majority of those mail-ins.

I wish the tiebreaker were pistols and ten paces...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote