Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow Injury Update
(11-23-2020, 05:07 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Seriously? 

I don't get why your say this just to be argumentative. Everyone just heard the news that the MRI outcome was worse than hoping for a franchise QB. And I think you might not be putting too much emphasis on that "barring setback" statement. Regardless of current medical tech and the number of players you can point at that have went through this, the more damage there was the higher the risk that recovery time is extended or that he's never able to become the same player. 

You know exactly why people are concerned that this could be a serious impact on his future ability. If you want to live in the sunshine future that this is all trivial and he'll be back better than before that's wonderful for you. 

That's because everyone was hoping it was just an ACL issue.  
Reply/Quote
Gosh I love this kid...

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I think we'll know more after surgery. They need to let the swelling go down before they really know the extent of the injury and recovery after surgery. Lets all just hope for the best
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:29 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: We could always wreck Trevor Lawrence as well Ninja

Absolutely not.... he needs to be smart and stay at Clemson another year. Avoid the Jets and the Bengals dumpster fires. 

(11-23-2020, 04:31 PM)GodFather Wrote: The Jets already have plans for ruining his career and its on a much grander scale...afterall its New York.

I really really hope this isn't the outcome... Maybe Lawrence see what happened to Burrow and thinks, nope I'm not going to a shit show franchise.

(11-23-2020, 04:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Jesus Christ.

What are you people, 10?

If they were 10 they would have no idea who Greg Cook is, as far too young. Hell, I know the name but not the actual player.

What is happening is what being a Bengals fan for years and years results in. Ki-Jana Carter, Klingler, Palmer, hell even Eifert. This team has watched so many great players who could be true factors in changing the culture cut down by injury. Some come back and are never the same, and some, just don't make it back. People have come to expect disappointment and let down from this team mixed with the worst possible outcome being the norm. 

It isn't childish, it is just years of being a Bengals fan.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:57 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I think we'll know more after surgery. They need to let the swelling go down before they really know the extent of the injury and recovery after surgery. Lets all just hope for the best

They already know.  The MRI is very conclusive.  
Reply/Quote
Have to love Pete

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
If he's going to have to squeeze back in for the timeline or mid-season, I'd rather hire a one year QB like a Fitzpatrick to run the show next year and let Burrow sit while they build the o-line. If he sits next year, it will give them two complete off-seasons to build it up and get them all cohesive.

With all of the success by the later round WRs this year, it really bugs me now because I was kind of shocked they drafted Tee Higgins. I thought that they would have gone Tackle or Guard since O-line was the biggest problem area last year and Mixon has yet to run behind a good line in the NFL.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:08 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: If he's going to have to squeeze back in for the timeline or mid-season, I'd rather hire a one year QB like a Fitzpatrick to run the show next year and let Burrow sit while they build the o-line. If he sits next year, it will give them two complete off-seasons to build it up and get them all cohesive.

With all of the success by the later round WRs this year, it really bugs me now because I was kind of shocked they drafted Tee Higgins. I thought that they would have gone Tackle or Guard since O-line was the biggest problem area last year and Mixon has yet to run behind a good line in the NFL.

2018 would like to have a word with you.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
WARNING. This is graphic. This shows the Burrow injury in detail. I only place this here to show that the leg snaps back into place after disjoint...If this is too much, I will delete this post...

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: They already know.  The MRI is very conclusive.  

Didn’t they have to wait like a month or more to do surgery on Barkley’s knee? I’m sure it’s very accurate but until they actually get in there and do the work the recovery timeline is still not definitive
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: WARNING. This is graphic. This shows the Burrow injury in detail. I only place this here to show that the leg snaps back into place after disjoint...If this is too much, I will delete this post...

For all those who worried so much, as mentioned, it goes back in; if something holding it together is ripped to shreds and off the bone, then it wouldn't pop back in like that.

THEN you can all freak out.

(11-23-2020, 06:20 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Didn’t they have to wait like a month or more to do surgery on Barkley’s knee? I’m sure it’s very accurate but until they actually get in there and do the work the recovery timeline is still not definitive

They had to wait 40 days to let the swelling go down... but then Whitworth had the surgery a day or two after his injury? It all depends.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
That he is expected to make a full recovery is the most important thing. That and finding the best damn reconstructive knee surgeon on planet earth for the surgery.

Timeline is less of an issue for me. When he gets healthy, he'll play. No rush.

For me, I'd have wanted a real #2 regardless for next year. That has not changed.
Reply/Quote
On the bright side, left knee is better than right knee for a righty.
Reply/Quote
These are some people who had similar injury...

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 2018 would like to have a word with you.
LT Glenn
LG Boling
C Price
RG Redmond
RT Hart

What word would 2018 like to have with me?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:38 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: ACL/MCL is a Wentz type injury. 8 months is basically August. 9 would be September. Assuming nothing goes sideways (infection, set back, etc).

But I think the "other structural damage" part has got folks spooked. And rightly so. WTF does that mean?

Anyway, nothing is gonna change with Brown in charge. He should step down. Katie & hubby should be stripped of all personnel decision making authority, and Duke, ZT, Lou, and Turner all need to go.

WhoDey2 I can understand the red part. Who is going to do the blue part?

If Brown steps down, it's Katie's team.
Do you really think that anybody named Brown is going to allow a non-family member start making decisions that could affect the amount of $$$ spent or made??
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote