Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-15-2021, 10:33 PM)samhain Wrote: So, does this mean that players are wise to Zac Taylor and his staff being out of their depth?  

I think to firing him and his boys was a huge mistake on the family's part.  Nobody with options wants to play for this clown because he's not NFl HC material in any way.Maybe Louie Slapnuts running a respected vet like Dunlap out of town had some repercussions around the league.

It's a lot of different things man. No proper facilities, poor coaching, dumbass Gm, dumbass owner, and a dumbass owner daughter & son in law. Other than that we're heading in the right direction.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(03-15-2021, 10:33 PM)samhain Wrote: So, does this mean that players are wise to Zac Taylor and his staff being out of their depth?  

I think not firing him and his boys was a huge mistake on the family's part.  Nobody with options wants to play for this clown because he's not NFL HC material in any way.Maybe Louie Slapnuts running a respected vet like Dunlap out of town had some repercussions around the league.

We're going to have to endure another season of this crap before we have another shot at getting better, and with that we move one step closer to ether a huge contract for Burrow, Burrow getting broken like Luck, or Burrow tiring of the second-rate crap and leaving when the team runs out of options.

I think everyone with a pulse and a brain knows that. Which unfortunately excludes Mike Brown. 
(03-15-2021, 10:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Lawson deal only 1 or 2 mil under the franchise tag for those saying he wasnt worth the tag.

They should have tagged and traded him. 
(03-15-2021, 09:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Feiler to the Chargers

So, the Chargers have now signed 2 good Oline guys to protect their young QB who didn't even get his leg ripped off this past season?

Imagine the shock on my face. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(03-15-2021, 10:36 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: I feel so bad for Burrow, man. He deserves so much more than this dumpster fire of a franchise is giving him. 

Yep. Palmer 2.0, Luck 2.0 take your pick. This won’t end well though.

Burrow is about to take a “step back” in his rehab. May miss the whole 2021 season ......... at his agent’s recommendation.
(03-15-2021, 09:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yep, now I’ll say it, they screwed up. Even getting Hendrickson keeps your rush at best from regressing that doesn’t actually improve it. Then you have the misses on O line, not the Thuney’s but more so like Feiller who just went to the Chargers. This is pretty much worst case right now.

Same ole shit show. I can just see the blank looks on the FO faces as they walk around the room that's so quiet you can hear a pin drop. 

Or worse...they actually think everything will be ok. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Hi, my name is Joe. I'm a Bengals fan and it's been just 9 hours since the last time I had a hit of false hope.
(03-15-2021, 10:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think everyone with a pulse and a brain knows that. Which unfortunately excludes Mike Brown. 

I honestly fell for all of it.  I thought having Joe Burrow would put them on the spot and drive them to try to be better.  I guess there are no saviors for a franchise with this way of operating.  

How are the two teams that were in the Super Bowl and are ball hair tight against the cap finding ways to upgrade while this one sits here with it's future posting rehab videos and 42 mil under the cap doing jack shit?  
(03-15-2021, 10:42 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Burrow is about to take a “step back” in his rehab. May miss the whole 2021 season ......... at his agent’s recommendation.

It’s getting to the point where I’d actually be ok with that. I don’t wanna see this kids career wasted on such a piss poor squad.
(03-15-2021, 09:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: At this point I hope we don't get anyone.

Honestly, if all the free agents refuse to come here, doesn't Mike have to change, or the league have to force a change?

Nope. Hasn't happened up to now. Never will. 

(03-15-2021, 10:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: Yeah, I mean, FA is already over.

I'd rather look at the group they sign than play chicken little whenever any FA signs with one of the other teams in the league.

And the rest of us want to talk about that and more, not to mention we’re not all brainless people who just stick their heads in the ground.

I may have missed something, but you don’t have to spend time in this thread. You be you, dog.

I love it when people ***** and moan about other people’s bitching and moaning.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

This is weird. By the reactions on here I could have sworn FA was over.

Then I looked at this list
https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/article/free-agency-update/2021-nfl-free-agent-tracker

And apparently there are still a bunch of free agents available.?
(03-15-2021, 10:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nope. Hasn't happened up to now. Never will. 

And the blockhead is going to live to be 112.
Burrow is about to take a “step back” in his rehab. May miss the whole 2021 season ......... at his agent’s recommendation.
(03-15-2021, 10:42 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Burrow is about to take a “step back” in his rehab. May miss the whole 2021 season ......... at his agent’s recommendation.

If he is smart (which I think he is) then 100% he needs to go the I want my own doctor's opinion route and just sit this one out. 

In all honesty, I have to wonder what is really going through his mind as he watches all this unfold. Has to just be sick to his stomach.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Man, Mike Brown's granddaughter had better fire up her laptop and get some more feel-good schlock to you bunch of downers!
(03-15-2021, 10:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man, Mike Brown's granddaughter had better fire up her laptop and get some more feel-good schlock to you bunch of downers!

I'd say the Elizabeth Blackburn honeymoon is officially over.
(03-15-2021, 10:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man, Mike Brown's granddaughter had better fire up her laptop and get some more feel-good schlock to you bunch of downers!

The Twitter replies will be the only entertainment we get out of the Bengals.
(03-15-2021, 10:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This is weird. By the reactions on here I could have sworn FA was over.

Then I looked at this list
https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/article/free-agency-update/2021-nfl-free-agent-tracker

And apparently there are still a bunch of free agents available.?

FA is over for actual real meaningful upgrades at the position of most need. As I said a few posts back, outside of WR there is no position that there is a huge upgrade available now.

That is why everyone is pissed. All the talk about commitment to upgrading the line and as always, the Bengals want to sign their own.

Look at the list for IOL, and you'll see average to below average guys. We don't need 2 more XSF signings, we needed to get active and show a commitment to high quality guys.

Instead we let our best 2 FA's leave in Lawson and WJIII and then literally sat around and watched all the top G's go elsewhere.

You don't become a better team by signing the scraps that no one else wants.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]