Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(10-13-2021, 10:15 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Officially lost for the first time in Dread.

Whenever I find power bombs I'm gonna have one hell of a stock though LOL

I’m at the last boss and this guy makes all the other ones I bitched about seem easy. It’s a three stage fight and I can’t even get to stage 2.

I do plan on 100% completion but some of these Speed Boost blocks that are blocking Energy Tanks and Missile + pick ups are a real pain. I watch this dude in a video do this stuff like it’s nothing, throwing together Shinespark combos and getting where they need to get to with ease while I still can’t even figure out how to Shinespark in Morph Ball mode. Again..
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 01:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If anyone is interested in Obsidian's Next game

https://www.windowscentral.com/details-xbox-exclusive-avowed-obsidian-outer-worlds-meets-medieval-fantasy?scrlybrkr=2201c442

yay!  Don't want to click on it from work, but will definitely check it out tonight.  Until Bioware can show they can make a great single player RPG again, Obsidian is my favorite RPG studio.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 03:27 PM)Stewy Wrote: yay!  Don't want to click on it from work, but will definitely check it out tonight.  Until Bioware can show they can make a great single player RPG again, Obsidian is my favorite RPG studio.

100% Agree right now.. Loved bioware pre EA      but they havent been the same since.  

Obsidian.
InXile
Bethesda

Are gonna be making a lot of great RPGs for Xbox.    Bethesda takes for ever but generally worth the wait lol
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 09:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Does it feel like its worth a 60$ price tag?            Nintendo does great on profit vs production cost.

That's a little subjective. It has certainly been fun. It's occupied me for about a week (ish) now and I'm probably about 70% through the game? Maybe?

For a game to be worth 60 bucks imo it needs to have high replay value. I've read there's a hard mode which I look forward to and challenges to unlock some art. After those timed runs I'll probably take a slow game trying to break the game. So when all is said and done I'm looking at a minimum of 4 playthroughs, probably a little less than 40 hours minimum? It works for me, though it might not work for everyone.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 09:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Does it feel like its worth a 60$ price tag?            Nintendo does great on profit vs production cost.

I have a $1 per hour rule.

A $60 game has to get me around 60 hours of gameplay at minimum.

Otherwise, I wait for a sale.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 09:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have a $1 per hour rule.

That was my m.o. when I had time to put 60 hours into a game LOL

Got unstuck in Dread (had already visited progression era so it wasn't obvious on the map).

Met Experiment Z57. The boss fights in this game are so good. First boss to take me to 5 tries but was very satisfying to end it with the cutscene.

Edit:

Kind of just blew through the last 15/20% of Dread tonight. The last boss alone makes it a 10/10. Real callback to old school multi stage final bosses where the game basically tells you "git gud".

Will certainly be 100%ing Dread between sessions of D2R going forward.
Reply/Quote

I am essentially the same. Only games I really pay the full price for are sports games or games that you know will take forever to beat(i.e. Witcher, Cyberpunk, etc).

So many games are not worth the full price because can beat them so quick. They are great games themselves, just the price.

The above is one of the main reasons I miss stores like Movie Gallery and Blockbuster.

Never really been a fan of Gamefly.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote

dude i value value in gaming lol...

Very few games i buy full price unless i want to support a dev and generally they are all 100+ hour games

been holding out on Cyberpunk but for 10$ even if i never finish it ill be okay with it

But in the end if you are satisfied with your purchase thats all that matters.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 09:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: dude i value value in gaming lol...

Very few games i buy full price unless i want to support a dev and generally they are all 100+ hour games

been holding out on Cyberpunk but for 10$ even if i never finish it ill be okay with it

But in the end if you are satisfied with your purchase thats all that matters.

Yeah, I used to have a similar rule. I don’t have the time anymore. I bought Horizon Zero Dawn and beat it in around 25 hours. It took me over two months to do.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:37 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I used to have a similar rule. I don’t have the time anymore. I bought Horizon Zero Dawn and beat it in around 25 hours. It took me over two months to do.

yeah these days i have more money than time for gaming....  so i buy a lot and dont play everything...  But im working on making more time for that
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:37 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I used to have a similar rule. I don’t have the time anymore. I bought Horizon Zero Dawn and beat it in around 25 hours. It took me over two months to do.

I feel ya. My life has ebbed and flowed in that regard.

As a kid and teen, I loved games, but only gamed when my friends weren't around.

In my 20s I worked a ton and gamed like you. I was balancing a 40-50 hr a week job, National Guard duty, and playing in a band. Plus I had my son.

In my 30s, I pared down a lot of that stuff, and worked a little less, so found more time for gaming. Started gaming with my son as well, which was awesome.

At 40, I just have a heart issue, so I haven't been working since December. So now I have all the time in the world. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel ya. My life has ebbed and flowed in that regard.

As a kid and teen, I loved games, but only gamed when my friends weren't around.

In my 20s I worked a ton and gamed like you. I was balancing a 40-50 hr a week job, National Guard duty, and playing in a band. Plus I had my son.

In my 30s, I pared down a lot of that stuff, and worked a little less, so found more time for gaming. Started gaming with my son as well, which was awesome.

At 40, I just have a heart issue, so I haven't been working since December. So now I have all the time in the world. LOL

I’m still in my twenties but you’ve hit my situation on the head. Man, when I was younger, I gamed so much. I grew up on DOOM, SimTower, Quake, Tribes and countless others. I’m 28 now, almost 29, and ai just got married. Brand new gaming PC, tons of games but I’m working hard at a new job and I want to spend time with my wife in the evenings. Plus, I’m old at heart and go to bed early LOL. No idea how I stayed up late gaming when I was younger.

I keep telling myself I am going to make time for gaming because I still have plenty of fun when I do, but I just never end up doing it. Without prying much, I hope your heart issue gets better sir. In the meantime, enjoy the GAMES (and life) LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:37 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m still in my twenties but you’ve hit my situation on the head. Man, when I was younger, I gamed so much. I grew up on DOOM, SimTower, Quake, Tribes and countless others. I’m 28 now, almost 29, and ai just got married. Brand new gaming PC, tons of games but I’m working hard at a new job and I want to spend time with my wife in the evenings. Plus, I’m old at heart and go to bed early LOL. No idea how I stayed up late gaming when I was younger.

I keep telling myself I am going to make time for gaming because I still have plenty of fun when I do, but I just never end up doing it. Without prying much, I hope your heart issue gets better sir. In the meantime, enjoy the GAMES (and life) LOL

Thanks bro. Hopefully at some point you end up with a little more free time to enjoy the hobbies you love (and not due to a health issue). Appreciate the well wishes.
Reply/Quote
its just so funny when you're young you have no money but lots of time... Now i have a decent amount of money and no time.

Half the time i do have time to game i just watch TV/movies instead cause i enjoy those too... LoL... gotta play these games or the deals i got wont be so good lol

****Xbox will be holding an event for its and Master Chiefs 20th birthday on 11/15 possibly we see the halo campaign then
Reply/Quote
Been going old school lately and replaying the BioShock series. Love these games and really hope they reboot it.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 10:43 AM)The American Dream Wrote: Been going old school lately and replaying the BioShock series. Love these games and really hope they reboot it.

There is supposedly a Bioshock game in the works....   Doesnt really need  a reboot yet series hasnt gone stale and isnt long dead like some other franchises.... (but im generally against reboots/remasters less than 10 years old... and they just released the triology on last gen with some visual improvements)

Take 2 just been lazy lately surviving off 2k basketball and GTA shark cards.    

***Splitercell**  which ubisoft just green light for a new proper game.
Reply/Quote
they announced Horde mode for DOOM Eternal

Reply/Quote
GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition GTA3, San Andreas, Vice City remasters

Release digitally 11/11/21 And on disc i believe 12/7/21...

https://www.ign.com/articles/grand-theft-auto-gta-trilogy-trailer-gameplay-price-release-date-the-definitive-edition?scrlybrkr=6b480ef7
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 05:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition GTA3, San Andreas, Vice City remasters

Release digitally 11/11/21 And on disc i believe 12/7/21...

https://www.ign.com/articles/grand-theft-auto-gta-trilogy-trailer-gameplay-price-release-date-the-definitive-edition?scrlybrkr=6b480ef7

GTA on Switch finally. It's gonna sell like hotcakes on that system.
Reply/Quote
For any Stardew Valley fans, Concerned Ape (the one guy who made Stardew Valley) is coming out with a new game (hopefully in 2022) called "Haunted Chocolatier". It looks a lot like Stardew, but based in the City.
Reply/Quote