Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(10-21-2021, 10:43 AM)The American Dream Wrote: Been going old school lately and replaying the BioShock series. Love these games and really hope they reboot it.

Bought the collection on switch, hoping to start this weekend. I only originally played the last two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Enjoy
Reply/Quote
Finally got around to 100%ing Dread this evening.

I'll be a jerk and rate it 9.5/10. I would have liked more complex puzzles and more execution-dependant combat. Less generous drops could have helped. Too often I found myself just running around tanking hits until low, pull off a relatively easy melee counter and pronto. Hard mode should also mix up counter timing a la Breath of the Wild and guardians.

Outside of that, perfect game. Still think Super Metroid is tops though
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 01:32 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Finally got around to 100%ing Dread this evening.

I'll be a jerk and rate it 9.5/10. I would have liked more complex puzzles and more execution-dependant combat. Less generous drops could have helped. Too often I found myself just running around tanking hits until low, pull off a relatively easy melee counter and pronto. Hard mode should also mix up counter timing a la Breath of the Wild and guardians.

Outside of that, perfect game. Still think Super Metroid is tops though

probly still rated too high lol
Reply/Quote
Bought the infamous Switch online expansion and spent the day playing Mario Tennis and Ocarina of Time. Little bit of Sonic 2. I needed the DLC for Animal Crossing anyway ($25 on it's own) and I got a pro-rated price of $41, so it made sense to pay the extra $16 to try the games out for a year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 12:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bought the infamous Switch online expansion and spent the day playing Mario Tennis and Ocarina of Time. Little bit of Sonic 2. I needed the DLC for Animal Crossing anyway ($25 on it's own) and I got a pro-rated price of $41, so it made sense to pay the extra $16 to try the games out for a year.

its not a bad deal for 50 a year.... But im passing i never really used it when i payed 20 a year.  And i have the sega master collection a few times already.

did enjoy Super mario world and link to the past again.. (Was the only reason i paid 20 one time lol)

but what you get for 50 isnt bad if youll play those games
Reply/Quote
Sony had a "State of Play" yesterday

If you didnt see it and want the highlights or the video follow the link below.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/10/27/state-of-play-all-trailers-and-complete-recap/?scrlybrkr=b69c5191

Nothing Big or groundbreaking looks like mostly indie games. (which it was billed as a 3rd party event)
Reply/Quote
So my cousin, who is a huge Nintendo fan, had his Switch finally crap out on him. Ended up swapping him my Switch and a bunch of physical games like Dread, BotW, Skyward Sword, Ori & The Will of the Wisps, FFX-X2 Remaster, South Park The Fractured But Whole, and a few digital gems like Borderlands Handsome Collection and Prison Architect for his rarely played PS4 Pro w physical copies of Horizon Zero Dawn, Nathan Drake Collection, Neir Automata, Shantae Half Genie Hero, and digital (until i beat them and pad my gamerscore and his profile is deleted) Doom, RE2, RE2 Revelations. I know Nintendo games hold their trade in value way more than other platforms, so he made out a little better if you look at it that way, but I’m happy, he’s happy, and thats what matters!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 03:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: So my cousin, who is a huge Nintendo fan, had his Switch finally crap out on him. Ended up swapping him my Switch and a bunch of physical games like Dread, BotW, Skyward Sword, Ori & The Will of the Wisps, FFX-X2 Remaster, South Park The Fractured But Whole, and a few digital gems like Borderlands Handsome Collection and Prison Architect for his rarely played PS4 Pro w physical copies of Horizon Zero Dawn, Nathan Drake Collection, Neir Automata, Shantae Half Genie Hero, and digital (until i beat them and pad my gamerscore and his profile is deleted) Doom, RE2, RE2 Revelations. I know Nintendo games hold their trade in value way more than other platforms, so he made out a little better if you look at it that way, but I’m happy, he’s happy, and thats what matters!

enjoy!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 03:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: So my cousin, who is a huge Nintendo fan, had his Switch finally crap out on him. Ended up swapping him my Switch and a bunch of physical games like Dread, BotW, Skyward Sword, Ori & The Will of the Wisps, FFX-X2 Remaster, South Park The Fractured But Whole, and a few digital gems like Borderlands Handsome Collection and Prison Architect for his rarely played PS4 Pro w physical copies of Horizon Zero Dawn, Nathan Drake Collection, Neir Automata, Shantae Half Genie Hero, and digital (until i beat them and pad my gamerscore and his profile is deleted) Doom, RE2, RE2 Revelations. I know Nintendo games hold their trade in value way more than other platforms, so he made out a little better if you look at it that way, but I’m happy, he’s happy, and thats what matters!

thats a good deal i believe PS announced all games next year will be cross gen... So you wont miss out on newer games they will play on your PS4... (that might just be their first party stuff would have to look it up)
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 03:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: So my cousin, who is a huge Nintendo fan, had his Switch finally crap out on him. Ended up swapping him my Switch and a bunch of physical games like Dread, BotW, Skyward Sword, Ori & The Will of the Wisps, FFX-X2 Remaster, South Park The Fractured But Whole, and a few digital gems like Borderlands Handsome Collection and Prison Architect for his rarely played PS4 Pro w physical copies of Horizon Zero Dawn, Nathan Drake Collection, Neir Automata, Shantae Half Genie Hero, and digital (until i beat them and pad my gamerscore and his profile is deleted) Doom, RE2, RE2 Revelations. I know Nintendo games hold their trade in value way more than other platforms, so he made out a little better if you look at it that way, but I’m happy, he’s happy, and thats what matters!

I'd say that was a fair trade. PS4 pro is holding it's value too, since PS5 is more rare than a Fred post criticizing Marvin Lewis.

That said, I'd personally prefer the Switch with so many big games releasing next year and GTA collection on there now, but that's all personal preference.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 12:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bought the infamous Switch online expansion and spent the day playing Mario Tennis and Ocarina of Time. Little bit of Sonic 2. I needed the DLC for Animal Crossing anyway ($25 on it's own) and I got a pro-rated price of $41, so it made sense to pay the extra $16 to try the games out for a year.

I'm tempted just for Star Fox alone but I'm gonna wait for them to work out some of the kinds first. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 07:29 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm tempted just for Star Fox alone but I'm gonna wait for them to work out some of the kinds first. 

Well I know it's all subjective, but I think the kinks have been overblown just a tad online (imagine that), and I'm certainly no fanboy. I think the price hike (for anyone not interested in AC DLC) is ridiculous.

That said, the fog removal was done because fog was mostly used as a trick to hide poor draw distance in N64 games. With the much improved frame rates and draw distance, not as much need for fog.

There's something to the input lag. I believe I heard it's around .150 at times with a Bluetoothed controller, and that can be noticeable for some...but I think it's okay for most of these games.

The one problem I think they really need to work on is button mapping. I found it pretty easy to acclimate with a Pro Controller, but not everyone is going to feel that way. We should have options. Not just with button mapping, but also screen size, CRT filter, etc.
Reply/Quote
Completed Lost Judgement on the PS4 and it is legit one of the best games of the past 2 years, by far.

Going back and finishing up my 18 courses on Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf, on the Genesis (through 9, so far).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 08:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I know it's all subjective, but I think the kinks have been overblown just a tad online (imagine that), and I'm certainly no fanboy. I think the price hike (for anyone not interested in AC DLC) is ridiculous.

That said, the fog removal was done because fog was mostly used as a trick to hide poor draw distance in N64 games. With the much improved frame rates and draw distance, not as much need for fog.

There's something to the input lag. I believe I heard it's around .150 at times with a Bluetoothed controller, and that can be noticeable for some...but I think it's okay for most of these games.

The one problem I think they really need to work on is button mapping. I found it pretty easy to acclimate with a Pro Controller, but not everyone is going to feel that way. We should have options. Not just with button mapping, but also screen size, CRT filter, etc.

also it would feel wrong to play sonic on a nintendo
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 08:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I know it's all subjective, but I think the kinks have been overblown just a tad online (imagine that), and I'm certainly no fanboy. I think the price hike (for anyone not interested in AC DLC) is ridiculous.

Thats good to know. AC is mostly for the wife at this point. If she wants the DLC I'll just consider it an added bônus that I get some N64 games.

I'll certainly get it when DK64 gets there.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 09:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: also it would feel wrong to play sonic on a nintendo

Lol true. I was just thinking of how weird it would be to play Sonic on the SNES controller.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

(10-29-2021, 01:35 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Thats good to know. AC is mostly for the wife at this point. If she wants the DLC I'll just consider it an added bônus that I get some N64 games.

I'll certainly get it when DK64 gets there.

There's a ton of games being added later, according to a data mine. Kinda sucks they drip feed them.
Reply/Quote
Been playing the Borderlands games over. They are just fun and this time I am doing things a bit differentely than I did first time round. Looking forward to the movie and hopes it does justice to the games.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 07:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol true. I was just thinking of how weird it would be to play Sonic on the SNES controller.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

There's a ton of games being added later, according to a data mine. Kinda sucks they drip feed them.

Looks like Microsoft and Sega just made a partnership...  to help Sega get on Cloud servers i think

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/news/sega-partners-with-microsoft-to-develop-large-scale-global-games-on-azure-cloud/
Reply/Quote
Games coming this month

Animal Crossing DLC -11/5
Call of Duty Vanguard -11/5
Forza Horizon 5 (xbox) -11/9
Jurassic World Evolution 2 - 11/9
GTA trilogy Remaster - 11/11 (gta3 going to psnow gta san andras going to gamepass)
Skyrim Anniversary Edition 11/11
Microsoft Flight Sim GOTY (xbox) (free update if you own the game) -11/18
Deaths Door (ps) 11/23
Battlefield 2042 - 11/19
Oddworld Soulstorm (xbox) 11/29

There is more not listed but figured these be the highlights.
I think FF14 has an expansion coming too.

https://kotaku.com/video-game-release-dates-1847958863?scrlybrkr=210f49c1

Xbox's/Halos 20th Anniversary has an event on the 15th of november.

The Game Awards show is 12/7
Reply/Quote