Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(05-20-2022, 01:51 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Im having a better go of it now. I spent some time farming and leveled up a bit. Went and got the Twinblade and upgraded it a couple times. Now I’m following the lights to what I assume is the castle to the NW.

I had no idea what keepsakes were when I made my character. I browsed through them and thought activating one would cheapen my game experience, so I didn’t pick one. Was this a mistake?

I am playing this purely single player, I haven’t reupped my PS+ sub. Am I missing out on a key element of the game by not having multiplayer capability?

I am also playing purely single player and with these games, I'm of the opinion that single player is a better experience. Unless you have friends that you'd like to run around with. Otherwise I find the multiplayer to be very distracting and breaks up the "rhythm" of the game. 

Not sure which keepsake you're referring to. I don't think any of the keepsakes significantly alter the game experience. Some are objectively (much) more useful than others. I think the most popular are Stonesword Keys (probably the best choice) the Golden Seed (what I took) or the free runes. 

My top suggestions would be:

Upgrading weapons is just as important as upgrading your stats
Explore plenty, just following the light will be frustrating as you'll probably be underlevelled and under-equipped. 
Keep at minimum a mid-roll (equipment load >70% of max)
Experiment a lot in the early game and find what works for you, there are infinite ways to play and beat the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone tried Evil Dead: The Game yet? My buddy got me heavy into Dead by Daylight (still play it and love playing it all the time even though my brain says it should be repetitive and boring) and now got me to grab Evil Dead. It's kind of fun, but it needs a ton of tweaks in my opinion. The games are pretty long too in comparison. I didn't play DBD at launch so I'm hoping if people don't completely give up on it they will continue to improve the game over time.
Reply/Quote
Sold Elden Ring to a friend last night for $35. Glad to be rid of it. Absolute trash, in my opinion. I’ve played other “souls” types and this is by far the worst of them. D3 and Bloodborne were quality, ER doesn’t even come close.

Waiting on the REAL GotY….God of War: Ragnarok.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 11:12 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Anyone tried Evil Dead: The Game yet? My buddy got me heavy into Dead by Daylight (still play it and love playing it all the time even though my brain says it should be repetitive and boring) and now got me to grab Evil Dead. It's kind of fun, but it needs a ton of tweaks in my opinion. The games are pretty long too in comparison. I didn't play DBD at launch so I'm hoping if people don't completely give up on it they will continue to improve the game over time.

I was excited about Evil dead less so when they said it was a 4v1 multiplayer thing... but i believe they added single player stuff to do.  But ill wait for it to patch itself up before i jump in.

That and i just started working on Red Dead 2 story again.   

--Flight Sim Top gun Free DLC is out 5/25
--Pacman Museum  comes out 5/27 
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 10:29 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Sold Elden Ring to a friend last night for $35. Glad to be rid of it. Absolute trash, in my opinion. I’ve played other “souls” types and this is by far the worst of them. D3 and Bloodborne were quality, ER doesn’t even come close.

Waiting on the REAL GotY….God of War: Ragnarok.

GoW R life time sales might hit elden rings first 3 months.

unless they put it on PC
Reply/Quote
I'm at what I can only assume is the final boss of Elden Ring. Pretty sure I haven't explored at least 20% of the map and certainly missed a few demigods. Still undecided if I really care to go do that stuff or just finish the game and deal with it on a second playthrough.

Not sure how Elden Ring will hold up on NG+. A little tired of my build and I think I'd prefer to just start from scratch.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 10:46 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm at what I can only assume is the final boss of Elden Ring. Pretty sure I haven't explored at least 20% of the map and certainly missed a few demigods. Still undecided if I really care to go do that stuff or just finish the game and deal with it on a second playthrough.

Not sure how Elden Ring will hold up on NG+. A little tired of my build and I think I'd prefer to just start from scratch.

You can Respec at the Lady in the Academy.    if you want to change your build.    NG+  basically takes you as you are and drops your key items.

into a slightly harder version of the game.  Depending on your level you will roll over most of NG+    imo...    

I am waiting a bit to see if they add DLC before moving to ng+

When you make it to the Elden Throne for the Second time (in the Second version of the Captial)... You are at the last boss.

The Left section of the Snow field area is a secret area and leads to another secret area... Haligtree.   

3 or 4 underground areas. each with a few ways into them.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 10:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: You can Respec at the Lady in the Academy.    if you want to change your build.    NG+  basically takes you as you are and drops your key items.

into a slightly harder version of the game.  Depending on your level you will roll over most of NG+    imo...    

I am waiting a bit to see if they add DLC before moving to ng+

When you make it to the Elden Throne for the Second time (in the Second version of the Captial)... You are at the last boss.

The Left section of the Snow field area is a secret area and leads to another secret area... Haligtree.   

3 or 4 underground areas. each with a few ways into them.

I've see-sawed on my toon so many times I think I'm down to my last larval tear. That and my starting class  (confessor) would have loads of wasted points for the build I'm interesting in giving a go (arcane/bleed).

I ended up going with a 50/50 INT/FTH build. It hits like a truck, but is very squishy. I can kill just about anything in 2 hits. But I also die to just about anything in one or two hits. I'm sitting at 121, and don't think I'll have too many problems with the final bosses after a few more attempts.

NG+ in Dark Souls 2 was fun with the new enemies and enemy placement, but otherwise NG+ has just been kinda meh for me in the Souls series. I think I'm just going to try out a fresh run and do things in a much different order. I feel like I didn't explore Caelid or the Volcano Manor nearly enough and it would be more fun if I went in on NG again. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 11:12 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I've see-sawed on my toon so many times I think I'm down to my last larval tear. That and my starting class  (confessor) would have loads of wasted points for the build I'm interesting in giving a go (arcane/bleed).

I ended up going with a 50/50 INT/FTH build. It hits like a truck, but is very squishy. I can kill just about anything in 2 hits. But I also die to just about anything in one or two hits. I'm sitting at 121, and don't think I'll have too many problems with the final bosses after a few more attempts.

NG+ in Dark Souls 2 was fun with the new enemies and enemy placement, but otherwise NG+ has just been kinda meh for me in the Souls series. I think I'm just going to try out a fresh run and do things in a much different order. I feel like I didn't explore Caelid or the Volcano Manor nearly enough and it would be more fun if I went in on NG again. 

Dark souls 2 is the only one that got NG+ right in that regard... 3 added new rings and stuff +1s and then +2s in NG++  

But DS2 did the best NG+ i agree.    (and if you make it NG+7 the candles in the manor turn blue)

Yeah starting a NG is completely viable if you choose.        my video game hording has me collecting 1 of every item for my character lol..   I at least need 1 more playthru
Reply/Quote
Gotta Say enjoying Red Dead 2s story more than i expected... Its so random too. (which is kinda crzy in a Single player RPG like this).. I had a few things i ran into kill me.. Reloaded my saved and ran back there only for the event not to exist or be something completely different.
Reply/Quote
Sonic Frontiers dropped some gameplay yesterday...

Reply/Quote
Picked up SpellForce 3 on Xbox and they dropped Chorus into gamepass so ill be checking that out
Reply/Quote
So I decided to give Elden Ring another go. The guy I sold my copy to raged out worse than I did. He GAVE me the game back. ? So I started over after some research and I’ve gotten MUCH farther than I did originally. A LOT further! I just downed Loretta in the Haligtree. I’m lv155 with a jump attack build. I’m still raging out, inventing new strings of curse words that’d make a sailor blush. But I’m having actual fun with the game now. Probably gonna level a sorcerer next!
Reply/Quote
Spent the last 4 days recovering from (minor) Surgery and watching the Non-E3 unfold. and Wow there is a lot of games coming in the next 12 months.

Ill update the E3 post with the Showcases soon.
Reply/Quote
Just saw an ad on Facebook for Overwatch 2. Apparently its going F2P like Apex Legends and other popular shooters of today.
Reply/Quote
Finally started Elden Ring yesterday. I have to admint, I don't know how I feel about the open world aspect of it just yet. Hopefully it's because it's early on at the moment when I feel underpowered, but just doesn't feel right with everything else basically being 'Dark Souls'ess.

Other than that, game is very smooth, great graphics, and overall what I expected on the Series X.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 10:31 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Finally started Elden Ring yesterday. I have to admint, I don't know how I feel about the open world aspect of it just yet. Hopefully it's because it's early on at the moment when I feel underpowered, but just doesn't feel right with everything else basically being 'Dark Souls'ess.  

Other than that, game is very smooth, great graphics, and overall what I expected on the Series X.
 If you liked exploring in dark souls you'll love this the same if you can see it you can go there rules still apply and they hide those caves so well at time..  enjoy
Reply/Quote
New Turtles Game comes out today... Shredders Revenge old school side scrolling beat em up with 6 player coop adding April, Splinter and Casey Jones as playable characters..

Also it looks like Golf with Friends is getting a DLC (6/21)... (if you never played its a fun time)
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 10:31 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Finally started Elden Ring yesterday. I have to admint, I don't know how I feel about the open world aspect of it just yet. Hopefully it's because it's early on at the moment when I feel underpowered, but just doesn't feel right with everything else basically being 'Dark Souls'ess.  

I'll take the potentially unpopular opinion that the OG Dark Souls trilogy was the right amount of "open world" for what these games want to be. You had plenty of liberty to do just about whatever you wanted in just about any order. They were big worlds, but nothing felt wasted. 

Elden Ring's open world starts out great but loses its steam (at least IMO) as you start to wonder if it's actually going to be worth exploring or if you'll just get a small amount of runes and an ash that you'll never use. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 10:33 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'll take the potentially unpopular opinion that the OG Dark Souls trilogy was the right amount of "open world" for what these games want to be. You had plenty of liberty to do just about whatever you wanted in just about any order. They were big worlds, but nothing felt wasted. 

Elden Ring's open world starts out great but loses its steam (at least IMO) as you start to wonder if it's actually going to be worth exploring or if you'll just get a small amount of runes and an ash that you'll never use. 

I'll take that opinion too. I am a big fan of open world rpg games, but Dark Souls games are very cryptic in nature yet also overall quite linear from start to finish which works perfectly together. This game is also very cryptic, but because it's open world, I am at the point of not knowing where I need to go next after I have beaten Godrick. I am sure one of the npcs told me, but the map kinda sucks in general and nothing was recorded to go back to read. In other words, there is no quest info available like every other open world game has to help guide the player. 

So basically going forward, I am going to use walkthrough guides for basic directions on where to go next from boss to boss, and so on. Im not going to waste hours on end just riding around hoping to find stuff I need to upgrade weapons and leveling up. But if it was a more linear open world, I wouldnt use the walkthrough guides.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote