Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Picked up Resident Evil 7 + 8 Gold Editions for PS5 on the PSN Holiday sale for $30. I haven't played a RE since 3 on the PS2, so these should be fun.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:13 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Picked up Resident Evil 7 + 8 Gold Editions for PS5 on the PSN Holiday sale for $30. I haven't played a RE since 3 on the PS2, so these should be fun.

nice they look good... Have you looked at the remakes of 2,3,4?  (can often find 2/3 bundled together on sale)
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 12:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: nice they look good... Have you looked at the remakes of 2,3,4?  (can often find 2/3 bundled together on sale)
They're in sales practically every month. If PSN sales love anything, it's RE games! I haven't gotten those remakes because I played the hell out of 1-3 on PS1-2 and Code: Veronica on the Dreamcast. I'll probably pick up 4R at some point. From what I think I understand of Biohazard and Village is they are a standalone story. I don't think Claire, Chris, Jill, etc are in these?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 03:38 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: They're in sales practically every month. If PSN sales love anything, it's RE games! I haven't gotten those remakes because I played the hell out of 1-3 on PS1-2 and Code: Veronica on the Dreamcast. I'll probably pick up 4R at some point. From what I think I understand of Biohazard and Village is they are a standalone story. I don't think Claire, Chris, Jill, etc are in these?

im not sure.. but i do believe Biohazard and Village are part of a trilogy.   (3rd one still coming)   for Winters story 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 09:34 PM)Stewy Wrote: Currently at the start of ACT 2 (I guess???) in BG3.  Just hit level 6.

(01-08-2024, 08:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: How many hours to go to that point lol?

It's 50+ easy, but I think it might be keeping track of my idling.  Not sure how to actually pause the game.  You can still see NPCs moving around when you're on the save screen.

I've done about all you can do in the initial zone (by this point), which was amazingly huge all things considered.  I've done about 1/3 (I think) of the Underdark.  I haven't seen anything that suggests I've changed acts though.  Just assuming getting to the Underdark is an act change.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 07:41 PM)Stewy Wrote: It's 50+ easy, but I think it might be keeping track of my idling.  Not sure how to actually pause the game.  You can still see NPCs moving around when you're on the save screen.

I've done about all you can do in the initial zone (by this point), which was amazingly huge all things considered.  I've done about 1/3 (I think) of the Underdark.  I haven't seen anything that suggests I've changed acts though.  Just assuming getting to the Underdark is an act change.

When you enter the Shadow Cursed Lands it progresses the game which is what I would guess is the end of Act 1. I'm still there so I couldn't tell you where Act 3 starts.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 10:47 PM)Synric Wrote: When you enter the Shadow Cursed Lands it progresses the game which is what I would guess is the end of Act 1. I'm still there so I couldn't tell you where Act 3 starts.

Act II starts when you reach the Shadowlands after the Underdark and the Creche.
Act III starts in Rivington. After you made it through the Moonrise Towers. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
RE7 lasted two days on my SSD. Garbage. I won't even bother with 8. I've wasted almost $150 this holiday season on shit I'll never play again. BG3, RE7+8, Remnant 2. I think my gaming days are finally winding down. Might trade the PS5 for a nice hunting rifle.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 01:56 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: RE7 lasted two days on my SSD. Garbage. I won't even bother with 8.   I've wasted almost $150 this holiday season on shit I'll never play again. BG3, RE7+8, Remnant 2. I think my gaming days are finally winding down. Might trade the PS5 for a nice hunting rifle.

With your apparent degree of patience for things, I really hope you don't have kids at the moment.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 06:11 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Act II starts when you reach the Shadowlands after the Underdark and the Creche.
Act III starts in Rivington. After you made it through the Moonrise Towers. 

I'm still in ACT 1 then.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 03:42 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: With your apparent degree of patience for things, I really hope you don't have kids at the moment.  Hilarious
Worry not! I never wanted them or had any. And with the shape this world is in, can't say I regret that decision one single bit!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 01:56 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: RE7 lasted two days on my SSD. Garbage. I won't even bother with 8.   I've wasted almost $150 this holiday season on shit I'll never play again. BG3, RE7+8, Remnant 2. I think my gaming days are finally winding down. Might trade the PS5 for a nice hunting rifle.

Sorry to hear that... I personally really enjoyed Remnant 2.     might be better played coop than solo to start though.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 10:05 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: This is just one of a few articles I've read about XB BG3 and the save bug.

https://www.thegamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-xbox-save-files-lost-bug-fix-update/

Good News for anyone on Xbox and waiting due to this..

This issue has been found and a patch/firmware update will be deployed next week.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 09:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Sorry to hear that... I personally really enjoyed Remnant 2.     might be better played coop than solo to start though.
That was my issue with it. You damn near NEED a co op partner or to luck into a random who knows what they're doing joining your game. I hit a wall, turned my game to public, and waited forever for someone to join. When it didn't happen over a couple days, I gave up after a few more solo tries.

Right now I'm just killing time rererereplaying GTA V since it was recently uploaded to PS + catalog. It plays AMAZING on PS5 with minimal load times, and no matter how many times (3 generations of consoles, really) I play it, it doesn't get old. I WILL be buying VI when it releases, as Rockstar has yet to burn me. I can trust THAT $70 will be well spent!
Reply/Quote
Final Fantasy Crisis Core Reunion. I finally got around to it, and am thankful I did. That was one of my favorite games ever, but it was locked to PSP until late 2022.

Now I'm finally interested in playing FF7 remake.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 09:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Final Fantasy Crisis Core Reunion. I finally got around to it, and am thankful I did. That was one of my favorite games ever, but it was locked to PSP until late 2022.

Now I'm finally interested in playing FF7 remake.

Still holding out a little hope we will see that some day on xbox now that FF14 is coming next month
Reply/Quote
FFXIV coming to Xbox this spring is a good thing. It gives XB owners a reason to own an XB!
I kid. I kid.

I seriously can't believe it's taken a decade to get it on XB. I was an avid FFXI player on the PS2 (w the HDD needed to store it) and loved the upgrade to XB360 when it dropped. Was very shocked to see XIV wasn't in XB's plans. Glad to see XB players finally getting a shot at playing THE mmorpg. Closed beta should be coming up really soon.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 10:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Still holding out a little hope we will see that some day on xbox now that FF14 is coming next month

Which one? Crisis Core or Remake? Xbox doesn't have those? Tbh, that makes no sense why Square would withhold them from Xbox. What is this? 2002?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 07:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Which one? Crisis Core or Remake? Xbox doesn't have those? Tbh, that makes no sense why Square would withhold them from Xbox. What is this? 2002?

FF 7 remake still hasnt come over..but new CEO of square could change that...
Reply/Quote
Xbox Developer_Direct today at 3:00 PM EST. Runtime estimated 48 min
Showing deep dives into
Ara:History Untold (Civ 5 devs)
Indiana Jones Gameplay
Hellblade 2 (release date expected)
Avowed
*Possible 5th unannounced game (no shadow drop expected)

The Elderscrolls online Direct today at 4:00 PM Est for a global reveal of whats coming in 2024
Reply/Quote