Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that will help the GOP before 2022 elections.
(03-25-2021, 10:46 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Speaking purely about political ideologies, liberalism is rooted in individual liberties. The government's role is to promote equity among the citizenry, i.e. everyone gets a fair shake.

Conservatism, however, sees the government's role as to promote a safe and secure society. To promote order within the populous. This is where gun control fits.

This is a poor analysis.  A "safe and secure" society is essential to "everyone getting a fair shake".  Yet you act like they are opposites.  

Under your logic are environmental protection regulations "liberal" or "conservative".  How about regulations on workplace safety?  Regulations on financial and lending institutions?  Requirements for drivers licenses and vehicle registration?  Are you saying all of those policies are "conservative" because they promote a safe and secure society?

Gun regulation is needed both to "promote a safe and secure society" and to "promote equality" because currently marginalized communities are being held back by gun violence.  Families are destroyed.  Property values are depressed.  Business opportunities are reduced.  All due to excessive gun violence in these communities.  I have never heard a businessman say "I am not opening a branch in the community because not enough citizens there own fully automatic machine guns or bazookas."  Or a teacher say "I would not work at that school because there are not enough people with machine guns who live in that district."

It is all just a bunch of NRA propaganda under a different dress.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that will help the GOP before 2022 elections. - fredtoast - 03-25-2021, 11:10 AM