Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that will help the GOP before 2022 elections.
(03-24-2021, 07:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm not entirely sure that banning certain kinds of weapons would do much.  But then I've never understood why we have such weapons as the AR-15, used in so many of these attacks, available anyway.  

Background checks, supported by a majority of Democrats and republicans and gun owners, seems a better step.  Close the loopholes, add a waiting period.  

It won't stop every mass shooting, nothing will short of complete elimination of all weapons which is impossible, but it will help.

I don't think banning them now will have any real impact since there are so many out there. Also, If Biden does it by executive order, then we will only have a ban until the next republican president. 

From a strategic pov, I just don't think this is the best bang for your buck use of political power. I know plenty of single issue voters who will not vote democratic because of this.

Making it harder to buy them makes sense,  banning them completely is just not smart if the dems want to keep the majority. It litterally feeds right into the right wing talking points that liberals are coming for everyone's guns. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that will help the GOP before 2022 elections. - TheUberHuber - 03-25-2021, 01:32 PM