Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that will help the GOP before 2022 elections.
(03-25-2021, 12:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, here's the thing, though. What got the Democratic party to win over those working class folks was the policies they abandoned. I think we could agree on that, right? Those policies can be traced back to FDR and include many pro-worker policies. However, it didn't take long for the Democratic party to abandon those progressive ideals. They started slipping away from them almost immediately post-FDR but they fully left the left behind from Bill Clinton on. They embraced neo-liberal policies, which despite the name is actually a host of conservative policies. That's what you see in the modern Democratic party and from folks like those in this thread who are upset to have their worldview challenged because they aren't as progressive as they like to think they are.

While the Democrats have moved left on some issues, they have moved to the right on others, and even some that they have moved to the left on they haven't moved as far left as they have moved right. This is evident in their social policies often falling far short on equity concerns. You perceive the Democratic party as being more to the left because the Republican party has moved further and further to the right. So because of the GOP shifting, it makes people think the Dems have shifted more than they have, but they're still firmly planted in the center. Just look at the fact that Biden won the nomination. He, Obama, and the Clintons are all centrists.

Yes

That could/would be me. As a younger man I definitely thought I was more liberal than many & probably was. And even today in some aspects. But it's to a whole new level now that even I can't identify with.

They are said to be centrist but seem to cave to the more radical elements of the party at the drop of a hat. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that will help the GOP before 2022 elections. - masonbengals fan - 03-25-2021, 02:11 PM