Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those drunk on their own can't be considered 'mentally incapacitated' in rape cases
(03-27-2021, 09:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm be lying if I said this decision surprised me at all.

https://www.businessinsider.com/court-says-incapacitated-doesnt-apply-person-got-drunk-on-own-2021-3

That this "loophole" even exists is a farce.  That it was never closed when people KNOW it exists is worse.

But I'll wait patiently for the "real men" to defend raping this woman passed out drunk because they didn't break the law.

I don’t think it’s a loophole as much as their just wasn’t a law about it on the books. The law probably wasn’t written with this in mind. I guess you could say they were slow to create a law that covers intoxication.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Those drunk on their own can't be considered 'mentally incapacitated' in rape cases - michaelsean - 03-28-2021, 12:44 AM