Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-05-2015, 10:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: What is appropriate for who?

For the boy who thinks he's a girl and doesn't want harassed in the boys locker room? For the parent who is more uptight about it than their children who are more open about it?  

I'd almost buy that argument...but Lucy insists it will lead to "shenanigans" and is "dangerous".  He is wrong on both counts.

Right, because girls wouldn't give the same person a hard time. Not to mention all the girls in the girls lockerroom being, at best, uncomfortable about a "boy" changing in their lockerroom. But, I guess we are only allowed to be concerned about the feelings of minority.

(11-05-2015, 10:41 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Who is the judge on what defines being "appropriate"?

Good question. If people cannot agree on what's appropriate, then I guess we are forced to leave it up to the courts to decide. As long as everyone is aware that there is nothing that can be done that will make everyone happy.

Here are my thoughts: unless lockerrooms and bathrooms are about sex, then everyone with the same plumbing should go in the same room. The only issues should be with those with rare physical traits like hermaphrodites.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - PhilHos - 11-05-2015, 10:49 AM