Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-05-2015, 10:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Right, because girls wouldn't give the same person a hard time. Not to mention all the girls in the girls lockerroom being, at best, uncomfortable about a "boy" changing in their lockerroom. But, I guess we are only allowed to be concerned about the feelings of minority.

Good question. If people cannot agree on what's appropriate, then I guess we are forced to leave it up to the courts to decide. As long as everyone is aware that there is nothing that can be done that will make everyone happy.

Here are my thoughts: unless lockerrooms and bathrooms are about sex, then everyone with the same plumbing should go in the same room. The only issues should be with those with rare physical traits like hermaphrodites.

No doubt girls can be meaner than boys.  

The question is then is there a majority who are "uncomfortable"?  It might be a "minority" who oppose it.  

Quite the conundrum!

I had a very good friend in high school who was gay.  Clearly gay.  But it wasn't something that talked about.  Today he is married to his long time partner and living quite happily.  When I went to college I found out the girl I was dating was also friends with him as he went to our sister college and she took classes at both places.  I jokingly said that knowing he was "out: now makes all those gym classes weird.  And she replied "What makes you think he was interested in you?" 

Hilarious 

Point taken!

We allow our own fears to influence what we think OTHER people think.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - GMDino - 11-05-2015, 10:55 AM