Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(04-01-2021, 11:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It isn't a slight to Sewell, but I see SO MANY potential guys in Rd 2 that can start at RG and try to develop as the RT of the future.  Jackson Carman, Alex Leatherwood, Teven Jenkins, Jaylen Mayfield (who tested quite poorly), Sam Cosmi, and  Alaric Jackson.  If the Bengals get one of these guys in Rd 2, they would immediately upgrade the RG position and hopefully develop a future RT.  I would STILL draft Spencer Brown if he is there in the 3rd round as a developmental tackle that might need a redshirt-type of season.  He is a lottery ticket that could be the next Whitworth.  I LOVE that kid.  Extremely raw, but after a tough first day at the Senior Bowl (he didn't play in 2020, so that is understandable) he showed he belonged there and tested a perfect 100 (top of all the OTs) percentile.  

Because we have a good history of developing guys for the O-line.... if we had any success with that we wouldn't be picking top 10...

On the flip side, we can and have (just last season) taken WR's in round 2 and beyond and gotten production.

This is what frustrates me so much. The... try and develop a guy mentality, the well this guy could be good, might be good, has some flaws but we can fix them, is injured and draft stock fell, tested poorly but who cares, etc, etc... just once... I'd like to see this team do the smart thing. 

I get that Chase is a great prospect... however, Sewell is just as great of a prospect. 

Two equally awesome prospects. One, at a position of need that you have shown you can't develop for years.

The other at a position of lesser need but still need, but also at a group that you literally just had a 2nd Rounder give you 908 yards in 14 games.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Murdock2420 - 04-01-2021, 12:05 PM