Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(04-01-2021, 11:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is the thing that everyone seems lost on:  What are we doing with Sewell if he is drafted?  My guess would be put him at RT and move Reiff inside, something he has said he would be willing to do.

So we are starting a rookie at RT, but we have an improved RG in Reiff and better than week 1 options at LG with XSF and Spain.  That's not a bad place to be.

However, if they draft Chase, they have an offense that scares people.  It would absolutely force the hands of DCs and if you are going to stick with 11 personnel more than any team in the NFL, you need a true #1 WR.  Chase is a freak, a bully, and an alpha when it comes to the WR room.  His presence helps every player on the offense.  

His 40 yard dash:  4.38
His bench of 225 lbs:  23(!)
His broad jump:  11 feet
His vertical:  41"

Those numbers add up to one word:  explosive.

His last year at LSU, PFF rated his play on downfield passes (that is, throws that traveled more than 20 yards in the air).  He rated a 99.  He was something like 19/20.  One drop.  His strength was the biggest weakness of this team a year ago in the passing game.

I tried to figure out where I went wrong with Ross.  I remember thinking watching his tape at UW that he SO OFTEN had to stop his already-separated downfield sprint, come back and catch the ball, and then run by the defenders that had already flown by him as he stopped.  His QB was a complete noodle-arm.  I thought Ross with a strong arm QB could be lethal.  But then, he had so many issues with drops.  I won't kill the guy for his injuries and his attitude is a whole other matter, but he clearly has an issue tracking the ball when moving at full speed.  Not Chase.  He can be striding his absolute fastest and he still gracefully hands-catches the ball down field.  

It isn't a slight to Sewell, but I see SO MANY potential guys in Rd 2 that can start at RG and try to develop as the RT of the future.  Jackson Carman, Alex Leatherwood, Teven Jenkins, Jaylen Mayfield (who tested quite poorly), Sam Cosmi, and  Alaric Jackson.  If the Bengals get one of these guys in Rd 2, they would immediately upgrade the RG position and hopefully develop a future RT.  I would STILL draft Spencer Brown if he is there in the 3rd round as a developmental tackle that might need a redshirt-type of season.  He is a lottery ticket that could be the next Whitworth.  I LOVE that kid.  Extremely raw, but after a tough first day at the Senior Bowl (he didn't play in 2020, so that is understandable) he showed he belonged there and tested a perfect 100 (top of all the OTs) percentile.  

Nice post as usual SHRacer. Chase also ran a 3.98 shuttle which I find more telling than the forty. He is extremely quick
in and out of his breaks without much of an injury history. I still like Pitts more out of the 2 just because I have never 
seen a player like Pitts who can play WR and TE while lining up all over the place while being 6'6" and running a 4.44
forty while being quick for as big as he is. Great route runners, both of these guys with great hands.

I personally would like what you are saying here. Pitts/Chase in the 1st, go with one of those Guards in the 2nd to shore
up the interior and grab Spencer Brown in the 3rd or 4th to learn behind Reiff. Brown as you say is raw but man is he fit
and extremely talented. Spencer Brown could end up being better than Sewell for all we know down the road.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-01-2021, 04:46 PM