Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-05-2015, 01:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You have already admitted that you do not see the issue because you do not have children. There is nothing for you to protect in these instances, you are looking at this like .... Who cares let them all live ..... This issue tears away at a lot of things in a school setting. It's not just about locker room usage. It basically blows up girls sports. Which ironically title 9 was supposed to protect.

This isn't just about letting a small handful of kids play dress up. This impacts several things in schools.

I've admitted I don't see any other issues because of that, but I've yet to have anyone try to explain why it is inappropriate beyond the sexual aspect. Only statements that it is. As for the sports, it doesn't "blow up" girls' sports. It does cause some issues with it, but nothing that can be overcome quite easily. Title IX is about much more than sports, it is about equality.

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - Belsnickel - 11-05-2015, 02:07 PM