Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The offensive heading into 2021
(04-04-2021, 02:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is my take so far.

-Pollack will make some difference, but he still needs more talent.  We have to use one of our first two picks in the draft on an O-lineman that has the chance to start as a rookie.

-As hard as it is to believe arguably the worst player on our offense last year was AJ Green.  His catch percentage and yards per target were not just worst among all starting WRs last year they were also among the worst posted by any starting WR over the last decade.  We are lucky to have two solid WRs already in Boyd and Higgins, but the #3 WR is basically a starter.  We would really benefit by upgrading that position with a draft pick or free agent.

-A full year of a healthy Mixon, Jonah Williams, and Uzomah would really help.  But to be honest Mixon could not make anything happen behind that line last year even when he was healthy.

-Joe Burrow has issues he needs to correct.  I think he will be healthy enough this offseason to work on improving his game.  If he can improve his deep ball and work on avoiding sacks his improvement will help the offense a lot.  Even though he was a top prospect coming out of college he should dtill be able to show big improvements over his rookies season.
I wish there was a breakdown on the sacks.
Like waa JB waiting for targets to seperate and the JB didnt see any Windows?
How bad was the communication on the oline?
I do.know when you cant start the same 5 every week 
Theres bound to be a disconnect in picking up stunts
And what not.
I think JB is a student of the game and he will diligently
Correct his errors from.lsst year.

Im.curious to see how the carries will be spilt between
Mixon and Perrine.Perrine showed he can shoulder the losd when Joe was out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The offensive heading into 2021 - impactplaya - 04-04-2021, 02:33 PM