Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The offensive heading into 2021
(04-04-2021, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry man, I cannot get on board with the idea that Jordan and Hart were the only weak links on the OL, last season.  The unit as an entity, blew chunks last year.  Adeniji might have drawn praise from Willie A. for good footwork on some specific plays, but by and large, Hakeem needs plenty of development time.

Coach Pollack more than has his work cut out for him, in order to field a competitive OL unit this year.  And that is IF the team does provide him with some top notch rookie talent to work with, as they did him very few favors in free agency.

While I agree that other positions should not be ignored, OL definitely needs to be the primary focus of this draft.  The team definitely needs to keep their eyes open for a quality pass rusher to fall into their lap, but other than that, OL should be the priority.  If you disagree, exactly which position group would you say deserves as much attention as OL?

Figures my post didn't go through lol but we need a wide receiver playing x or z that can play a lot of snaps. We need another pass rusher. You can even say we need upgrades other places. 

Adenji probably does need more work but he isn't horrible, fred Johnson is average at best offensive tackle,horrible guard. Reiff was a solid signing and he is getting treated like it,they said he was solid consistent. Jonah Williams definitely needs to be healthy and live up to status. The guard we signed back was an upgrade on the o line last year and helped beat the Steelers. Even with two or 3 duds on o line we were in a lot of close games. We were winning when burrow got injured. 

But anyways I'm not saying the o line doesn't need more improvement, it does. But it doesn't need 3 straight rounds. Other teams can find solid lineman all through the draft and udfa's.  We have took 1st rounders who were busts. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The offensive heading into 2021 - BobJohnson55 - 04-04-2021, 08:23 PM