Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The offensive heading into 2021
(04-04-2021, 09:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Would not be mad if we went 1.OL 2.OL 3.OL. BPA could easily be OL at each of those picks.

ZT has talked about continuity on the OL. Well get 3 who will play together for 4+ years and worry about their contracts and keeping them together later.

If we run the ball and give our QB time we will be winning games. I wouldn’t  care if our WRs aren’t super flashy or we don’t have big names on our DE depth chart if we are winning.

1. Penei
2. Landon Dickerson
3. Jackson Carman

I’m leaving the vets out on the edges and rolling with a rookie interior that is going to make our OL a strength for years to come as they develop.

They don't necessarily need to sweep the first 3 rounds to adequately improve the OL.  Taking Sewell this year, and playing him at Guard for the season, while Reiff plays out his contract would allow a bit of flex in the immediate need to also improve at Guard.  I am more and more falling in love with the idea of Dickerson in the 2nd.  He's that dominate sort of leader that would ensure that everyone around them knew their assignments prior to the snap.

By going OL back to back in 1 and 2, you're pretty much forced into looking at Pass Rusher and WR in 3 and 4, or making a trade before your guy comes off the board.  That type of game is a bit ballsy by Bengals standards, but so has free agent activity in the past two offseasons.  Who knows, they may surprise us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The offensive heading into 2021 - SunsetBengal - 04-04-2021, 10:58 PM