Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The offensive heading into 2021
(04-05-2021, 01:22 AM)BobJohnson55 Wrote: Ok yeah,seems like a 1st because he was a high 2nd I think? Or he was seen as 1st round talent. One of them . And yeah andre Smith was solid,but for a top ten pick he wasn't that great. Not seen as a lovable Bengals player here. 

I think Fisher is so memorable because of the fact we went back to back at tackle while Whit was still on the team. Was a real middle finger towards a great one.

With Andre, he was disliked due to the start of his time here. First was the man boobs running photo, followed by a really lengthy and ugly hold-out situation with his contract. He missed all of training camp and several pre-season games if I remember correctly. Then, right after he signs his contract, he hurt his foot in some drill and ended up missing the start of the season.

People just were annoyed with him from the start after that. 

Then 2nd season, he was out of shape and got hurt again. So people just gave up on him.

Funny thing is, his 3rd season in the league he was a legit RT. In 2011, 2012 and 13 he was a monster on that line with Whit at LT.

He just had injury issues early, then missed time with concussion issues later on, and then bounced around the league.

For 3 seasons though, he was damn near elite, but that is over-shadowed by the lack of a long term career. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The offensive heading into 2021 - Murdock2420 - 04-05-2021, 01:30 AM