Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop
(04-12-2021, 12:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: It would be hard to say that it was to placate masses as this occurred months ago and IA found enough wrong before it was public to reprimand as well as require additional training based on this event...all before anyone in the media knew about it. The firing was potentially an escalation of the discipline because of the exposure, however, the findings of wrongdoing predate any outrage which would lend me to believe that they were in fact in the wrong in their actions. 

I believe I stated in one of my initial responses that the second officer did things that should incur a reprimand.  I am, slightly, pleased that you acknowledge that his termination just might be due to the publicity this case is now getting.

(04-12-2021, 12:12 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Maybe as a LEO you're a little too close to the issue to analyze this objectively. It's understandable.

I'll just be over here supporting criminals. LOL

Possibly.  As to the latter, whether you know it or not, the current public opinion is breeding a permissive atmosphere for criminal conduct.  Making a simple arrest is often difficult due to the crowds of people who often gather trying to interfere (and no, I'm not talking about filming with their phone from a distance).  But that's what we do in this country, we overreact and over correct.  So, like I said, enjoy the fallout of this new public gestalt, it's going to be ugly for a few years before people start connecting the dots.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-12-2021, 12:23 PM