Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop
(04-12-2021, 01:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: His windows were tinted and they were behind him.  How could they possibly know his ethnicity?  Anecdotal is fine, our personal experiences certainly have more impact on our lives than a national news story.

Again, I don't know the entirety of the circumstances and why they felt the need to initiate a high risk stop.  As to discipline, I honestly can't say without more information, but I can tell you, again anecdotally but from numerous sources, that discipline, especially now, is not an even handed process.  There's so much politics in the mix now.  But I'm sure this will be viewed as my being a bitter LEO who doesn't like that his profession is finally being held to account (i.e. vilified on a national level).

I never brought up ethnicity. My windows are also tinted...no guns drawn. I was actually stopped because I accelerated rapidly out of my neighborhood and the cop thought I potentially stole something. I may be one of the few here not insinuating this is racially motivated, I am more in the camp that unless they ran the plates and it came back felony once he pulled into the gas station the officers escalated to drawing weapons too quickly, and that’s for any ethnicity.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop - Au165 - 04-12-2021, 01:34 PM