Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-05-2015, 06:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. He/she's will only grow if this proceeds.   They will just identify to compete in sports.    Kids already move schools at will now.   It will only take a girls soccer or basketball team winning with a boy.    There is pressure to win in high schools atheltics and lines are often crossed.  

I highly doubt this will be the case. As of right now, I doubt you could provide evidence to your claim that there will be those that identify only for a competitive edge. So I shall remain highly skeptical.

(11-05-2015, 06:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 2.  Kids know who does and doesn't belong in the men's and women's restroom.

This has to do with...? This still doesn't mean you would know how they would feel in the situation.

(11-05-2015, 06:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 3.  My Office was in the boys locker room.   And my female teachers office was in the girls locker room .  There needs to be supervision in all places in the school.   Especially in a high risk areas like changing rooms.

Huh, weird. Just not my experience in school. We had no adult supervision in our changing areas.  

(11-05-2015, 06:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: As for the comment about my choice of words.   According to Slate .... I am using words that show pride. You are advocating for a conservative position of taking away someone's identity....   This actually probably deserves its own thread, I am sure it will get lost in here.  

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/05/30/is_tranny_a_slur_or_an_identity_who_decides.html

It's all in the intent behind the words. If your other commentary on the subject did not show a lack of respect for the trans community, then it would not be as much of a concern. However, you have continually ridiculed the community in ways other than language, which points to the intent behind your language being that of derision.

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - Belsnickel - 11-05-2015, 07:14 PM