Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop
(04-10-2021, 06:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm off to take my father out for his birthday, but I wanted to leave off with this.  This is not for OP, who actively dislikes law enforcement and has zero intention of being fair or objective when it comes to this subject, but for anyone else reading this thread.  The officers, or rather one of them, did two things wrong.  The "you should be" and the "ride the lightning" comments were uncalled for and will likely end up with a reprimand.  However, they came after consistent and constant non-compliance from the subject to lawfully given orders.  The initial officer was actually doing a pretty good job of trying to defuse it, but the officer who made the above comments didn't help in that regard.  Still, these two comments do not justify, mitigate, or excuse the (in)actions of the subject both prior to, and after, they were uttered.

I'll close with this.  If that was me in that video, refusing commands, spouting off that I'm a sworn peace officer and resisting I'd be looking at a lengthy suspension in the 20-30 day range.  Possibly termination, and I've got 20 years of distinguished service under my belt.  In a just world this guy would catch hell from his superiors for his conduct in this video, but under Biden, and given the current atmosphere, I doubt anything happens to him.  He doesn't deserve a damned penny though, much less on million dollars.  I certainly hope he obeys orders better in the Army then he does here.

Well hopefully you are not as incompetent as these officers and know when, and when not to, pull someone over. 

Let's be clear here, the cops initial incompetence resulted in him pulling someone over he never should have. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop - TheUberHuber - 04-12-2021, 10:37 PM