Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-05-2015, 06:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You may not see it as such, but is does. The goal of the transitioning period is to live your life as the gender you are. Being seen as and using the facilities of that gender is an important part of that. As to conforming part, what conforming is being done by sharing facilities with someone? If we're talking about a bathroom, there is going to be a stall involved in some manner most of the time and so you won't know any different. In a locker room, I'd be willing to bet that most instances you'd never know unless you were staring.

Not during their school years, but someone who identifies as trans and gets support at a young age will often start living their lives as the gender they identify as very young. It makes the transition as an adult that much easier.

I had a class with two women that were both trans. Neither had gone through the surgery at that point. One came from a more supportive and accepting family and the other much the opposite. Both are the same age and have a very similar background as far as when they knew, etc. The young lady that didn't receive the support started things much later and so it was very obvious that she was a trans woman. When her friend revealed herself as trans, every guy in the room shifted in their seat because we had many discussions about her attractiveness. Not a clue among us. The difference was the age at which they started the transitioning process.

It seems to be an ironic argument. "It really doesn't matter who uses which facility, until it matters".

Pretty sure I'd know there's a female in my locker room without staring; unless you suggest they hide themselves or shower clothed or when no one is around. Not sure how that helps with the transformation process.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - bfine32 - 11-05-2015, 07:53 PM