Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell
(04-23-2021, 11:52 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Dan Hoard just interviewed Doke Tobin concerning the upcoming 2021 NFL draft.Threw a lot of questions at him in reference to O-linemen and WR in the draft.Tobin was impressed with the talent this draft class has to offer Offensive line.But not so deep on elite WR.He said,and I quote,”they had starter grades on O-linemen in the second and third rounds”.Not so much with the wide receivers.So my question is,If you can get that high quality O-Lineman in those rounds,then why not just go ahead and take Chase at 5? Sounds to me like he may have unintentionally tipped his hand.Watched the interview on YouTube.

This comment is why I think the Bengals will probably take Chase at #5.

There are many arguments being repeated over and over here, but to me it boils down to the fact that our need at O-line is just much greater than our need at WR.  We have 2 good WRs under contract for 3 more years and we just need 3 starters.  On the O-line we have one good and one decent player (who is returning from injury) under contract past 2021 and we need 5 starters.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell - fredtoast - 04-24-2021, 10:26 AM