Poll: What Do You Want to Happen Tommorow Night
Draft Sewell
Draft Chase
Draft Pitts
Trade Down (other)
I Like Turtles
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jungle Noise Head Count: Who Do You Want Tomorrow Night? (PLEASE VOTE)
(04-29-2021, 12:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I would agree if the draft was only one round. I love Sewell and will be stoked if they take him, but at the same time, I would completely understand picking Chase as well, especially considering that the options that should be available for interior players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, which is where the focus should be...find a starting RG and another T to add to the mix. 

If they can do that, then the o-line should be in a lot better shape than people think. Adding Reiff was a solid move that should provide stability and leadership on the line this year. Allowing guy like Spain and XSF to compete at their more natural position of LG should also benefit the line. If Jonah can stay healthy and take the next step and Hopkins can come back and be consistent, things aren't looking so bad.

Bringing Pollack back is also a huge add, IMO. I don't think it can be understated how terrible Turner was. They just looked completely lost out there at times, a lot of confusion, missed assignments, poor technique at initial contact. Better / proper coaching should play a big part with the line this year, as will cohesion if they can stay healthy.

I think this is the first time I have ever disagreed with you! I guess that makes me right only 99% ! ( LOL)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 09:42 PM)Benton Wrote: If we're going Pitts, trade back to later in the first where most of the #2 receivers go.

Mellow

Personally, I'd prefer we trade back a few spots, take a top rated tackle and use the extra picks to shore up guard and WR.

If we were drafting 8th, I'd completely agree with you.  This team needs blue chip guys as much as it needs depth.  There are 4 elite prospects in this draft and we should have a shot at 2 of them.  
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I thought it was he who scoreth the mostest points wins???

Its hard to scoreth when the QB is always on his asseth.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 01:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If you want to talk about pre-draft hype, that belongs to Sewell, considering how hardly anyone in this fan base knew who he was until someone said he was the next Anthony Munoz. That’s the equivalent of someone calling Chase the next Jerry Rice. Doesn’t get anymore “hype” than that.

the someone who said he might be Munoz includes about half or more of former Bengals who have voiced an opinion.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 09:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: BQFJSIO4VDODD5VBCZXW45TNHI.jpg]

I like Unicorns
Reply/Quote
Didn't get to write the reply!

I'm team chase, but I'll be totally happy with any of the three. If we trade down, it better by golly be some darn good players!

And WOW this picture says more than a thousand words!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:16 PM)bengals67 Wrote: the someone who said he might be Munoz includes about half or more of former Bengals who have voiced an opinion.

Anyone who doesn’t think comparing a 20 year old OL to the greatest OL this game has seen as anything other than “hype” is blind and doesn’t want to consider anything else. I think he will be good, and I’ll be A-okay if we take him, but if we want to talk about hype, Sewell is the clear favorite in that category.

HYPE:
promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.

To call Sewell the next Munoz is by very definition an exaggeration, and does Munoz, Sewell, and all other HOF a disservice. Also, considering Team Sewell think that if we take anyone other than Sewell is a death sentence to Burrow also meets the criteria for hype, just negative hype in of itself.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 01:53 PM)Snapcount Wrote: "I like Turtles"..

What does that mean ?

(eurpean dude here, whith no understanding of what that expresion means ?)

Thx in advance, for reply..

It's from a video that went viral a long time ago.  Some kid just randonly replied to some reporter with "I like turtles" which was in no related to her question.  It's since turned into a random thing people say.

Reply/Quote
It’s going to be Smith! Bank on it. ☹️
Reply/Quote
144 dummies as of this post...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote