Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell
I really like Chase and would be happy to see him in stripes. The part of me that wants to see him drafted is the same part that wants to buy a new giant flat screen before I fix my uneven slab. It would no doubt be fun to have the guy, and I think he's very likely to live up to the hype. Unfortunately, when you draft him, you continue to leave the structural problems on this team to be kicked down the road later. The o-line issues aren't new, and one Reilly Reiff will not fix them, particularly in the long term.

Repair the foundation, secure it long term. You (hopefully) won't have a shot at a prospect of this caliber after this year if the team is even halfway decent.

As far as talk of Sewell having flaws, I take this with a grain of salt. You can dissect any prospect to the point where you don't like them. Don't overthink it. Sewell has the size, athleticism, and the mentality in droves. All the stuff you can't teach. If he's even 80 percent of his projections, he's a 20 mil a year player on his second deal. Get him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell - samhain - 04-25-2021, 11:06 AM