Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell
We just have more holes than a draft can fix.

1) OL. Need at least two. Jonah, XSF, Hopkins, Spain, Reiff is decent. No one is outstanding. Hopkins is coming off an ACL. Jordan, Johnson, and Price are 1 snap away from being in there. Not sure Adeniji is much better.

Personally, I'd go high end tackle in R1 (Sewell or Slater) and another IOL in Rd 2 or Rd 3. Humphrey or Meinerz in Rd 2.

2) WR. Need two. We need a WR1 with deep speed to replace AJ. We also need a PR/KR jitterbug type to backup Boyd in the slot (Erickson's role).

A lot of the top WRs (after Chase & Bateman) are slot types (Smith, both Moore's, the kid from Louisville).

I think the top 3 picks should be: 1 WR + 2 OL.

We obviously have needs on D. LB, a pass rusher, DT depth. But not a ton of top end defensive guys I do not think. Likely defense (and a kicker) on Day 3.

Dream scenario:

1) Trade down.

The 49ers take Mac Jones. No matter what the Falcons do, a team in love with Fields/Lance overpays to trade up. Either we don't go down that far (say 8 with Carolina) or we do like Miami did and spend some of our picks to move back into the top 8 (say Detroit at 7).

We end up with Sewell + at least an extra 2nd this year + some future capital (2nd or 3rd). We use that extra capital to either move into the late first to get Bateman or trade for Julio. Land Meinerz/Humphrey with highest remaining pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-26-2021, 03:27 PM