Poll: Will You Buy A Handicalendar?
No
YES!
It Depends On The Price
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Going To Buy A Handicalendar?!
(05-04-2021, 03:52 PM)Benton Wrote: If this is something you're serious about I'll give you my 2 cents as somebody who prints stuff for a living.

If you're doing it as a fundraiser, normally you sell ads to cover the cost of printing. You gauge the market and say 'ok, realistically I might sell 5,000 so I'll be safe and print 4,000.'

Get your quotes and then reach out to sponsors. Let them know proceeds from sales will go to a charity. Once you've got enough sponsorship, make your calendar and then partner with some local businesses to distribute.

Someone on my team has a family member with a printing press so she said she thought she could get them to print it for us at no cost (or very little).  

The survey we have kicking online is also going to help us gage what kind of interest we have.

I'm also positive A LOT of families in the area will buy them from me just because my family is so big in the area.

The idea I had about selling them in high schools was kind of shot down when a teacher at the school I was presenting at on Friday reminded me that high schools might not sell things in their book stores with people in swimsuits, but she also reminded me that just mentioning it in the question and answer sessions would gain interest where students can reach out on their own.

We have 5 or so sponsors, so I'm thinking the big hurdle will just be distribution but hopefully local bookstores will be interested, as well as bookstores at local colleges.

Thanks for the insight because it definitely does help to have someone with first-hand knowledge offer their opinions on it!  I'll shoot it ahead to our my team!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are You Going To Buy A Handicalendar?! - BFritz21 - 05-04-2021, 04:23 PM