Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin's main concern.....from Sportscenter interview
(11-12-2015, 02:43 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I hope we see more dominate play from Jeremy Hill...  My expectations were really HIGH on him after the last season, the end of it anyways...  Someone posted some stats that show him having just as good of a season, but something feels a miss with him... Hope to see him with more power..  just doesn't seem he is having as good of a year..
I think we need to put Andy under center and hand Hill the ball running downhill because that shifty running style that is required from the shotgun just isn't Hill's style and it's stupid not to utilize him to his strength.

We benched him after the two fumbles in the one game, which might seem legit, except one of the fumbles was when he mishandled a pitch and never had it secured, so it wasn't like it was an issue of him not wrapping up protecting the ball.

It seems like a waste of talent and waste of a key part of our offense to bench him for fumbling the pitch.
(11-12-2015, 02:46 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: He averaged over 5 ypc last year and is at 3.3 this year.  It has been debated why, but he is nowhere near where he was last year.
It's how we've been trying to make him run that's been the difference.
(11-12-2015, 03:06 PM)Pezmerga Wrote: Hill seems hesitant to hit holes this year. He is over thinking it or something.

When he gets the ball going downhill, he's still been a pretty hard runner.  It's when we hand him the ball while he's basically flat-footed that he seems to dance around.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin's main concern.....from Sportscenter interview - BFritz21 - 11-12-2015, 05:19 PM