Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big week - Bengals take on the Ravens
(10-18-2021, 10:07 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 4-2 is a great start, and from reading many threads on this forum, a much better start to the season than many posters anticipated. This week begins the real test since the Bengals are taking on the first place, MVP Lamar lead Baltimore Ravens.

I think this is a defining game for the season. The Bengals need to contain and slow down Lamar, he can't destroy us. How are we thinking the Bengals fair?

To me, the greatest improvement of the team vs. last year's squad has been in run defense.  Going against one of the toughest, if not the toughest, rushing attacks will be a real test.  I have faith in the defensive line to collapse the pocket and the LBs are quick and can go sideline-to-sideline to try and prevent Lamar from getting loose. 

As President of the Eli Apple Fan Club, I feel compelled to point out that the guy was the 6th highest rated player by PFF against Detroit (72.6).  PFF doesn't take opponent in to account so it was a relatively easy assignment as Detroit's offense is poo poo, but he has still played every snap this season (or damn close to it) and has started to get some confidence.  That being said, with all the screens and end-arounds we are likely to see, I wish we had the better tackling Waynes out there, but we all know where he is listed (IR).

The biggest question is not can the Bengals keep the Ratbirds offense in check (or at least hold them to around 24 points) but can this offense move the ball and generate some points against a defense that gave Burrow his worst game as a pro.  I like Joe getting a second shot, but you can bet they will be sending all kinds of blitzes and trying to hit the hell out of him.  

I hope the Bengals have a lot of screens set up to counter.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big week - Bengals take on the Ravens - SHRacerX - 10-19-2021, 08:14 AM