Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big week - Bengals take on the Ravens
(10-18-2021, 10:57 AM)Synric Wrote: Linebackers and Safeties will be very important in week 7. Stopping the Ravens primary run game, limiting Lamar Jackson rush yards, covering Mark Andrews, and not allowing Marquise Brown to get behind the defense.

I'm glad Ricardo Allen is finally healthy and got snaps this week.

YEP!  I was hammered by someone on here (forgot it because it was so long ago) when I was trying to show offseason support to Lou (shouldn't I be taking a victory lap?) by saying that he showed "flashes" of being a really good coordinator, and it was the first Baltimore game last year where I felt like he had a great game plan.  

He stifled Lamar better than the Bengals ever had and used Darius Phillips as a blitzer on Lamar a lot.  Phillips had a crazy PFF score of something like 90 on pass rush.  The Ravens didn't really get on track offensively, but they had a defensive touchdown, and the offense turned if over and gave some very short fields.  If he has a plan this year, I bet it involves the reliable Allen.  

It really is going to come down to ZT and the offense if they can get going against a team that has really had their number defensively.  I sure hope they do because I think "Wink" Martindale is a smug douchebag.  I am sure Burrow remembers his whining about a FG that prevented a shutout.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big week - Bengals take on the Ravens - SHRacerX - 10-19-2021, 08:22 AM