Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin's main concern.....from Sportscenter interview
(11-12-2015, 05:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think we need to put Andy under center and hand Hill the ball running downhill because that shifty running style that is required from the shotgun just isn't Hill's style and it's stupid not to utilize him to his strength.

We benched him after the two fumbles in the one game, which might seem legit, except one of the fumbles was when he mishandled a pitch and never had it secured, so it wasn't like it was an issue of him not wrapping up protecting the ball.

It seems like a waste of talent and waste of a key part of our offense to bench him for fumbling the pitch.
It's how we've been trying to make him run that's been the difference.

When he gets the ball going downhill, he's still been a pretty hard runner.  It's when we hand him the ball while he's basically flat-footed that he seems to dance around.

(11-12-2015, 05:20 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'd like them to stubbornly give Hill 3-4 straight drives and 10-15 carries early to see if he can get it going.  I think he thrives with consistent work, even if it starts slow.  The offense is too dynamic and Gio is too good to commit to this though.  So I see why they haven't.
It would be foolish to do this. I do not understand why people want to rework our entire offense just so Hill can "get going" when our offense has been great this year. Sure Hill might be better from under center, but maybe more shotgun is why Andy has gone off and is a way to create mismatches for Eifert, Green, and Jones? Why would you jeopardize a young QB playing at an elite offense for a RB. Especially when our other running back is picking up the slack just fine. It makes zero sense. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin's main concern.....from Sportscenter interview - MrRager - 11-12-2015, 10:37 PM