Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 OFFICIAL BOARD MOCK DRAFT (ANNOUNCEMENT)
Welcome to the 2022 OFFICIAL Message Board Mock Draft. This is how we do it:

Eligibility:
You must take is seriously and be able to meet all given timelines and actively participate

Must be a “regular” Board Member in good standing

Our friends that are fans of other teams may participate as long as they meet the other requirements.

Our goal is to have maximum participation. If you are an old timer or relatively new, you are welcome, we always have a good time and you get to talk draft with some folks that know what they're talking about (well maybe not everybody).

Execution:
We will do either 3 Rounds in 2 Nights or 3 Rounds in 3 Nights

Dates:
The NFL draft kicks off Thursday 28 April and we usually do ours 1 week prior. So I propose the following 3 options:
1. Tuesday 19 APRIL (RD1) Thursday 21 APRIL (RD2-3)
2. Monday 18 APRIL (RD1) Wednesday 20 APRIL (RD2-3)
3. Tuesday 19 APRIL (RD 1) Wednesday 20 APRIL (RD2) Thursday 21 APRIL (RD 3)

I'M NOT DOING A POLL. Simply reply in this thread which you prefer. Once I get a consensus I'll update the thread. I did not do a weekend option as history has shown they are least preferred, but if that has changed let me know.

Time: Historically we have started around 7:00 PM (EDT) and I'll stick with that unless folks suggest a better time

If you are interested nominate yourself in this thread and list 3 teams you would like to draft for. I have always been able to give someone at least one of their desired, but I cannot promise. The deadline to nominate yourself is 4/08/2022 at Midnight EDT.

I will take one day to sort through and post the GM-team list on 4/10/2022

On 4/11/2022 a separate trade thread will be open, where teams can talk trades and then the trade window will open from 4/11/2022-4/16/2022

I understand if you cannot participate every night for the entire timefram so we will bring back Big Boards this year and GMs will be required to provide Big Boards to the Assistant Commish. I'll leave it up to him when and how he wants these.

Bengals: Don't list them as one of your 3 teams. SYNRIC owned them last year and by tradition he determines who gets them this year. How he does it is entirely up to him. But he must give them up.

Positions Needed:
Trade Arbitrator: I need two people to volunteer to validate trades. Only one must approve each trade, but they will each have veto power. If one is involved in a trade the other adjudicates and I or Ass. Commish  will reserve the right to veto. If both are involved in a trade I will adjudicate and assistant Commish will veto. These people will be responsible to create/monitor the trade thread in this forum. WHATEVER has served in this capacity numerous times in the past.

Assistant Commish: Psychdoctor is the Assistant Commish

DISCORD: Holic has said it will be open for the draft. I've never used it before, but will be more than happy to try. I may need to do a mock-mock a day or so prior

Board Support: In the past a couple folks have provided a "best available list" and updated the draft results throughout the night.

So in closing this is what I need from each GM:
1. "I'm In" and the 3 teams you prefer
2. The dates you prefer
3 Any support duties you're willing to assume.

If you are a long time participant chime in and let me know if I have missed anything. Also feel free to post any thoughts ideas you have be you a regular or a first timer.
Good luck to all and MTF.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2022 OFFICIAL BOARD MOCK DRAFT (ANNOUNCEMENT) - bfine32 - 04-01-2022, 03:20 PM
2022 OFFICIAL BOARD MOCK DRAFT - BenZoo2 - 04-05-2022, 01:36 PM