Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
Bates was franchised tagged this year.  He had an on and off season last year and his worst season statistically.  He certainly didn't come out of the gate very hot.   He even admitted a lack of focus during the first half of the season:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/11/18/22784629/bengals-news-jessie-bates-admits-lack-focus

Quote:“I feel like my mind was ... Honestly, it was on other things throughout the first part of the season. I feel like I’m at a better headspace now than I was at the beginning of the season. So caught on to proving the wrong people right and the main thing I should be focusing on is proving the right people right as far as my coaches, my teammates, my family and not worry about all of the other stuff. I know that’s gonna work out, I know what type of player I am, that stuff’s gonna work out regardless, but like I said I gotta be better for this team”

The Bengals have allowed 75 points over the past two weeks. Against the Browns, Bates had one of his worst showing, totaling just five tackles. Bates has just one pass defended through eight games. He had 15 all of last season.

So my guess is they are going to let him play under the tag unless he is willing to take a more reasonable long term deal than he was expecting last season when he talked about negotiations, "I guess I haven't done enough yet to be considered one of the top safeties in this league."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - George Cantstandya - 04-18-2022, 05:32 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM