Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(04-18-2022, 06:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Maybe your answer is in your post, but we don't know since we have one statement from Bates about not highest paid, but no mention of how much we wants or how much is guaranteed.

Personally I think he is comparable to Tyler Mathieu who is a free agent right now. Tyler finds a home and Bengals and Bates then know a close value. Bengals have until July to lock him up on a new contract and as right now are in great shape with cap money, so I don't see an urgency on the part of FO needed yet. Also, he hurt himself in 2021, he did not play as a top 5 safety during the regular season, inconsistency will never get a player paid and while he was great in the playoffs, frankly he was just good during the regular season.

I don't buy the BS he lacked motivation due to not getting a new contract, winners prove others wrong and prove every game ther team needs them to win games, he did not do that in 2021 which was very disappointing.

This is the part I do understand with Bates. I mean it's no different than any other job. If your coming to work and doing everything they ask of you and you see other people getting increases while your not moral is gonna go down. It's just that simple. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - NUGDUKWE - 04-18-2022, 06:30 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM