Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(04-18-2022, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've seen nothing that states Bates has signed his franchise tag and that's the real question. What does he hope to achieve? The Bengals can pull the tag at any time before Bates signs it. Dude goes out and gets hurt tomorrow..we can pull back the tag.

We have until July 15th to sign him to a long term deal.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-franchise-tag-meaning-deadlines-values-rules-2022/zl129ixw0r3zlvglaiasuggp

I agree bfine, he is risking injury and job security for 2022 and also risking the Bengals drafting his replacement, they could draft a safety with pick #31 and then rescind the franchise tag immediately if they desire.

All of this is the business side many fans just don't like. But Bengals FO is in a position of strength, they offering to pay him a lot of money (top5 safety money) in 2022. I hope both sides can work it out. I like Bates, but not been impressed with hos big play ability or consistency which is a real concern for me to sign a guy long term. But, I would not be unhappy if the price is right for the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Luvnit2 - 04-18-2022, 06:42 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM