Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(04-20-2022, 07:07 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Just copy and pasting an old post of mine here:

From a 2020 article:

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/leveon-bell-got-lots-of-money-from-jets-for-little-work-but-still-sold-himself-short/cka9dh9vf1yi1g1xvtyg9lw2y

So I guess you can say he won the standoff if he was banking on himself to suck for the rest of his career and just get paid.   It is of my opinion he actually cost himself a lot of money.  Sorry, let's get back on topic.

I stand corrected on his guaranteed money being more than Pittsburgh's total offer.  

I think the thing you're missing is that it's highly unlikely Bell gets a big FA contract if he played another year on the FT.  He only had one year of high volume usage after leaving the Steelers and his YPC was only 3.2 YPC.  The year he played under the FT his YPC dropped from 4.9 the previous 2 seasons to only 4.0.  He was already declining at that point.  A big reason why he said he wouldn't sign the 2nd FT is the Steelers gave him over 400 touches his first year on the tag and were using him up so there would be nothing left when he hit FA.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Whatever - 04-21-2022, 10:52 AM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM