Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
I like Bates,  but in early years was soft tackling. Yes, he has gotten better, but still misses a lot of tackles. But, my biggest issue with Jessie Bates saying the lack of a long term contract caused him to not play well (not give 100% effort) in the 2021 regular season. Think back, early in 2021 we were coming off a horrible year and did not start out well.

It took the team to start playing better for Bates to start playing better. That should never happen, that is how you lose respect in the locker room so if we pay him top 5 safety money when he was not a top 5 safety, the FO looks soft in their approach.

I think if Bates would have played and given all out effort every game in 2021, the Bengals FO would be more willing to compensate him, but truth be known, he did not and he said as much.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Luvnit2 - 04-29-2022, 04:46 PM