Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(05-04-2022, 11:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How much more is Bates worth than Reid (signed with KC for 10 million a year) and Mathieu who signed 3 year deal for 33 million?

Does Bates deserve to paid top 5 safety money in 2022 and beyond?

He gets 13 million in 2022, which is more than the two guys I mentioned above. In my opinion, he deserves a 4 year 45 to 47 million deal with 50% guaranteed.

I think that is a fair price, but I am not Bates or his agent nor do I makes decisions in the FO.

The concern I have is why did he lose focus in a contract year? That is worrisome to me, but he is young and hopefully learned a lesson from it.

Actually I can see it.   It depends on the player, but this feels like he felt so unsettled and underappreciated he just could not get past it, and it meddled with his thinking.   Some players get lazy when they get paid, others are stimulated by the confidence their team showed and the financial stability - on top of not constantly being in bargaining/ justifying mode.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - 3wt - 05-04-2022, 03:00 PM