Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(05-21-2022, 04:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There were 12 safeties whose contracts averaged $10m+/yr in 2021. The only one of them to win a playoff game was Tyrann Mathieu as the 7th highest paid.

Safety just doesn't seem like a smart position to be paying guys Top-5 money to. Let alone one who is not consistent in quality of play. If you had an Ed Reed or a Troy Polamalu, sure, but otherwise it really seems like RB where it's just a poor place to allocate top dollar to.

Yep.  Even come next year, what teams with a top 10 paid safety have a good shot to make the playoffs?  Titans (Kevin Byard), Chiefs (Justin Reid), Cardinals (Budda Baker) and maybe the Ravens and Broncos. 

In our division, I don't think Watson sees the field this year (or sees a lengthy suspension), Pittsburgh doesn't have a QB and Lamar has been figured out.  I'd much rather have another decent guard and an average Safety than Jessie Bates.

As an employer, I know what it's like when one of your employees begins stirring up the pot because he believes he's being underpaid.  It spreads to the rest of the group and causes dissension.  Most times, that person moves on and the rest of the group stays.  I wish we would've traded Bates last season, but I believe they have a plan.  Where are the Raiders when we need them? Smirk
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - 2MinutesHate - 05-22-2022, 11:23 AM