Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(05-25-2022, 11:30 PM)hollodero Wrote: I have a question, not meant to be controversial or stirring up anything, just for comprehension. If someone were to say or post "I want to shoot up lots of people at my school" (or that it would be good if that happened or something similar), what is the appropriate reaction by law enforcement?

(05-26-2022, 08:43 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That would likely be considered a threat and thus not protected by the first amendment.

Not necessarily. Threats need to be more specific than that wording in order to fall under criminal law. What that sort of statement should trigger is a conversation. Something to see how the individual is doing. What made them feel that way. Etc.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School - Belsnickel - 05-26-2022, 08:54 AM